Question of the Day: Tues. Dec. 7

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Hope no one minds if I throw this question in; anyone else remember when the tv station signed off at midnight and played the National Anthem? And then all you could 'watch' on tv was a test-pattern or 'snow'?
Ahhhh, the good old days.
Yep, after Johnny Carson signed off after the Tonight Show on NBC and that was when I would high tail it up to bed from the top of the stairs and pretend I had been asleep for hours.

My favorites growing up were Loony-Toons, Hanna-barbara, Scooby-Doo, Kimba (only shown during week days for some reason), Spider-man, Big Blue Marble (anyone remember that? It's not a cartoon but a kid's show). Romper Room, Boozo the Clown, oh, I could go on and on.

What's sad now is you can't find cartoons on TV except on the cartoon network. Years ago it was EVERY major station carried cartoons Saturday morning, now....nothing. No choices. Except for one station. I remember dragging my butt out of bed to watch cartoons all day on Saturday. I knew I got up on time when I was able to watch "Big Blue Marble". Anyone remember that one?