Question of the Day: Tues. April 27

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Usually I feel like there's such an overload of smells from my shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body lotion and hair products that I feel like if I put on perfume the smells will mix and I will start to reek of so many different scents, and not in a good way.
Some of the perfumes I have are all a gift from my mom so I wear things that are her taste and she has a bit of a strange taste, she likes spicy smells that aren't floral at all.
So the perfumes I have are Givenchy's Organza, one by bulgari, and one i bought for myself is Estee Lauder's beyond paradise which smells more like flowers, which is what my taste in perfumes leans on. But I can appreciate spicy smells also. And my favorite one is Burberry brit red, it's awesome but they don't sell it anymore.
A good way to prevent this is to wear non scented deodorant and hair spray so the only thing that has a fragrance is the cologne itself. As I said in my post, I wear the same scent of body lotion also so you are only smelling of one fragrance and I wear a very light one.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

A good way to prevent this is to wear non scented deodorant and hair spray so the only thing that has a fragrance is the cologne itself. As I said in my post, I wear the same scent of body lotion also so you are only smelling of one fragrance and I wear a very light one.
It's hard to find unscented everything...I use unscented lotions for the most part, but the lotions that are by the same brand as the perfumes are sooo expensive, and yet still not as moisturising as some of the other ones I use that are by brands that specialize in skin care. And good luck finding an unscented body wash or shower jel

Unscented deodorants don't work as well for me. I don't use roll on deodorants, I use the kind that comes in an aerosol spray can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

I wear perfume every day
Just kidding of course.
not surprised

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Only if we are going out, we have a fragrance free workplace now
I'm finding more and more places like this (government, doc offices, hospitals, etc) and do agree with it

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I don't wear any. I'm allergic to most of it.

I wouldn't say I'm allergic to it....but I do get headaches from heavy scents....

I can handle a mild fruit scent, and do wear "scented" antiperspirant ( strawberry or watermelon)...... but no perfumes, or heavily scented body lotions or anything.

One of my friends does have a scent allergy, and it is quite severe as her throat will swell and she will have problems breathing.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am really picky about smells. Every thing I buy has to smell right to me. If I don't smell right it messes up my whole day.

Most of the time I buy unscented cleaning and laundry products if I can find them. Always unscented deodorant.

Shampoo has to be mild and smell the right way or I can't use it.

Once I find something that I like that's all I use. I have worn the same white musk scent for almost 20 years.

These days the bath gel is enough. I almost never add cologne or body spray.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like all kinds, but alot of times I just spritz some body spray on. I really like bath and body works and also Body Shop stuff. Today I am wearing raspberry smell!

I want to find a scent that is me, but I haven't found just one. I like so many!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every now and again I'll remember to use some perfume my mom got me from her Avon sales. Its called Lemon Sugar by mark. (Avon's brand). Love it

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, I wear Bond Girl 007 by Avon to work, church and when we go out somewhere. I like it but DH hates it. I also like Far Away by Avon too, and DH loves that scent.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wear perfume everyday...and I alternate between Vera Wang's Princess, Marc Jacobs Daisy and Marc Jacobs Lola.

I don't wear the matching lotions but I do make sure I wear lotions with the same notes so they do smell good together...like I wouldn't put strawberry with Lola...that smells gross but works with Daisy.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

I wear it whenever I go out. White tea and Ginger by Bath and Body. I love it. I have the body soap, cologne, hand sanitizer and lotion.
Most of the time I get a headache from perfumes.....but I have to admit the white tea and ginger smells heavenly!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I also like Far Away by Avon too, and DH loves that scent.
That is/was one of my mother's favorites - I don't know if she still wears it. I can still remember the smell of it, she always used too much or maybe it's just because it's fairly strong.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never wear perfume and don't like to be around those that do. It gives me a bad headache, no one at work wears perfumes though it's not company policy not to.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear Oscar de la Renta only. The rest I am allergic to. I only wear it when I dress up and go out somewhere. Then I spray and walk through it. I don't want to be overloaded and bother people when I walk by.