Question of the Day - Thursday May 11, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The way I'm able to remember my day for the question of the day is that it is the same day that my trash gets picked up. So today's question is related to that.

What day(s) of the week is your trash picked up? Or if you don't have a trash service, is there a certain day you dispose of your trash?

As I said, my trash is picked up on Thursdays. My recycling is every other Thursday which I honestly wish was weekly because I always have way more recycling than trash.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had my house my trash day was on Monday and Thursday. Recycling was every other Thursday. When my knees and back started going bad I stopped taking the trash out on Monday and just did the Thursday thing.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going to the dump. It’s a beautiful drive, the dump lady plays ukulele, you meet your neighbors. What’s not to like? It happens when it happens.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have ours picked up as of yet.We get the cheapest rate by taking it in to them,so it doesn't matter what day as long as they're open.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trash, every Tuesday; recycling, every other Tuesday; yard waste, third Tuesday of the month from April through October.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Trash, recycling and yard waste are picked up on Friday.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuesday. Unless Monday is a holiday, then we get pushed to Wednesday.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“Whenever they can be bothered“ seems to be the rule with my local council. We’ve had rat infestations before because they didn’t bother to empty the huge rubbish skips in the back village. They did the front village, but not ours. Two weeks with no collection and it was overflowing.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our trash is picked up on Wednesdays, so Tuesday nights, we take it down to the bottom of the driveway.
We take our recycling to the recycling center about two miles away.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuesdays for trash, compost and recycling. The compost and recycling are picked up once a week and trash every two weeks. We have limits on how much garbage we are able to put to the curb for pick up. Only one bag per week and it can't be over 40 lbs per bag, so we have 2 bags accumulated by the 2 week mark...if it weren't for cat litter, our garbage would be pretty limited.
They introduced the one bag limit only picked up every other week to encourage more people to compost and recycle more. There are no limits on how much compost or recycling you can put to the curb.
When yard trimming season starts, it is picked up on the same schedule as the garbage. Again, no limits, but they have to be in the paper yard bags...the city no longer accepts plastic bags for yard waste.
Of course if you have more garbage than the limit allows you can pay to get tags that you place on the extra bags for city pickup, or just bring them to the dump yourself.
There are also exceptions/allowances you can sign up for if your household produces more waste that you can't control, like diapers or medical waste.