Question of the Day - Thursday December 28, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What good thing(s) happened to you in 2023?

For me, it's all kind of connected, but I made the decision to have a baby on my own in the next couple of years. In order to be a single mom, I need to get my finances under control and in the last few months I've been taking the necessary steps to address the issues I've been having. The biggest issue was dealing with credit card debt. I never had a lot (it was always under $1000), but I treated the card like I had that money when I never did. I was always paying off the card only to rack up a balance again. I made the decision to close the account a few weeks ago and I'm definitely seeing things turning around. I have over a $1200 in my emergency fund now. Also, I paid off one student loan (granted it was the smallest one I had), but having that extra $60 a month will be great.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My younger daughter was born.

I'm not sure if this counts as good because it was expensive, but we got a new car, washing machine, chimney around our furnace pipe on the roof and refrigerator. All the new stuff is nice, but it was not good to our bank account.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister came in for a visit which was wonderful since she lives out of state and I don't get to see her that often. We spent a lot of time together cooking, taking long walks, going to some of our favorite places and just talking face-to-face instead of on the phone.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a number of small house projects done that have been on my wish list for years. New kitchen ceiling light, front gutters replaced, garage wiring updated, porch light added, garage workbench renovated.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
doctors thought i had lung cancer turned out it wasnt went to er for an abcess in my left hip joint area. spent feb. in hospital and still managed with help of child hood friend to get gf a box of chocolates and a rose for valentines day:biggrin: got to watch super bowl from hospital bed with gf and eat all the food she brought for me. best of all gf stuck with me still after stressing her out badly again with my health issues