Question of the day - Thursday 3 November

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OH OH OH!!! Suzanne's house, last night!!!  You guys...Look, I was stuck with a walker in an upstairs apartment for 4 years.  I only went out to go grocery shopping once a month, and to take out trash, every other week.  And last night I actually left my first floor apartment, walked up to Suzanne's building, parked the walker and went up to her apartment.  We've been friends for two years, and I had never been able to manage TWO sets of stairs to go visit her!!!  This is A VERY BIG DEAL!  I'm FREE!
What is your secret? I walk with a cane and I too am only able to get out of the house a few times a month because of the pain I have.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

What is your secret? I walk with a cane and I too am only able to get out of the house a few times a month because of the pain I have.
The single biggest thing was moving downstairs.  My doctor signed a 504 request for accommodation.  Once that is turned in, your landlord MUST comply within a reasonable period of time.  THEN I got a prescriptiom for Mobic, an anti-inflammatory that I take in conjuction with over-the-counter Tylenol Extra-Strength formula, two capsules.  Neither alone does the trick, but the two together gets me moving.   Do NOT take the Mobic with Aleve or generic naproxin sodium.  It can be toxic.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The single biggest thing was moving downstairs.  My doctor signed a 504 request for accommodation.  Once that is turned in, your landlord MUST comply within a reasonable period of time.  THEN I got a prescriptiom for Mobic, an anti-inflammatory that I take in conjuction with over-the-counter Tylenol Extra-Strength formula, two capsules.  Neither alone does the trick, but the two together gets me moving.   Do NOT take the Mobic with Aleve or generic naproxin sodium.  It can be toxic.
I'm glad you were finally able to get some help. I need to get both of my knees replaced and soon. I have my own home and have steps going down to my laundry room and steps going upstairs to my bed room. That makes it very difficult to get around. When I do move I want to get an apartment for seniors with no steps and a walk in bathtub. I take Meloxicam each morning.and Tylenol with Codeine #4 three times a day for the pain. It helps but the days I need to leave the house I need to take more than 3 and then I run out before the end of the month.