Question Of The Day - Thursday 3 August

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

What do you dislike most about summer ? :sunshine:

For me it's mosquitoes ! I'm one of those lucky people that they try to eat alive :mad: :(

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bugs. Flying ants, cedar gnats and mostly...ants. (the ground literally moves, there are so many)
I don't think they are really flying ants, since they have a stinger, but that is what they look like and I don't know their true name. They are attracted to light, so every night I kill 10-20 of them.

Also, the heat. Even in the mountains, summer in Arizona is not fun.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
The noise. Lawnmowers CONSTANTLY. EVERY SINGLE. DAY. Kids screaming on the playground outside my office window, and not like the fun playing yelling but like shrieking and screaming as loud as their lungs will let them. The fans blowing, because no one in this small town has enough money for central air. (I've never in my life seen a town with so many homes with no AC). Dogs barking, people in their cars blasting music and just sitting outside on the road with their car doors open and playing music (Why?). More people outside in general, which makes my dog bark at them, which is more noise. This stupid annoying bird that made a nest in my air-conditioner and is SO LOUD in the morning outside my window. It doesn't even make a pretty chirp, not like waking up in Cinderella. This thing squawks like some amazon parrot.

Wintertime...all of that ^^...gone. Silence. Just watch the snow fall and listen to the wind blow.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate humidity too. My asthma and lungs do not like it. Usually it isn't humid enough here to bother me but these past few days it has just been nasty. I am shutting myself inside A/C areas and avoiding the outdoors.

Heat I can handle. Sun I can handle. I worked outside for 5 years in this area. But this humidity is just blah.

The noise is an interesting point. But I live in a city the freeway creates a constant low level rumble of cars all year long. Its rarely not noisy.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-When it is really really hot outside, whether humidity or dry heat.

-Mosquitoes, Horse, Deer Flies :headshake: bane of my existence!

-Jet Skis. Fun thing to do I'm sure, but not to hear or see! At least to me. They make really annoying loud sounds on the lake, create big waves, and sometimes smelly; and it doesn't help either, by luck of the draw on my part, the riders to the places I go to aren't always exactly considerate near swimming or relaxing areas. I just don't think they make nice summer sounds at all personally, unlike some folks. Unless they are really really far away.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Ticks! I've had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, though I started treatment early and don't seem to have any lasting effects. There are sooo many really bad tick-borne diseases.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you dislike most about summer ?
It's over far too soon. Here on Lake Ontario's south shore, between Buffalo and Rochester, Winter means 88 inch snowstorms and -20ºF temperatures. The good news is that there's one month when it's never snowed here - August - and it's AUGUST!