Question of the Day Thursday 26th Aug

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good Afternoon Everyone

I am posting on behalf of Chris today (Snake_Lady)

So as this is a favour for a friend my question is related to friendships.....

How far would you go for your friends? And how do you deal with friends that live in some sort of fairytale land?

I back all my friends 100% even if i know what they are doing is wrong and will sit and listen and comfort them even though i know i cant fully be there for some of my friends

And i have started distancing myself from my "friends" that have themselves so wrapped up in themselves, I think i have finally decided i have had enough of all the lies they spin and its just not worth the hassle anymore

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly don't have a lot of close friends, maybe 2 or 3. Honestly, my best friend is my mom

I'm a very straight talker, if a friend of mine is doing something I don't think is a good idea, i tell them. This could be why I don't have many friends
but I would expect a person who truly calls themself a friend to be straight with me also. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's superficial "friendships". Now, if a friend makes a mistake, cause goodness knows we all make them, i will be there to help them, but i'm not above telling them I told you so

As far as living in a fairy tale, I'm at an age where most people have been rudely awakened from that fairy tale land
but I do not like drama, it stresses me out, even if it's not my drama. This is the reason that I am not very close with my sister, she is a total drama queen and I just can't deal with it, so I keep her at an arm's length. It's sad, cause I do love my sister and wish we were closer, but until she grows up, it's not happening

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to be the person who would do ANYTHING for a friend, but after being constantly walked all over and stabbed in the back, I have many trust issues and tend to keep people at arms length. I have a lot of aquaintence, but very few true friends.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

I used to be the person who would do ANYTHING for a friend, but after being constantly walked all over and stabbed in the back, I have many trust issues and tend to keep people at arms length. I have a lot of aquaintence, but very few true friends.
I am trying hard not to be a doormat anymore. I have very few close friends

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm a very straight talker, if a friend of mine is doing something I don't think is a good idea, i tell them. This could be why I don't have many friends
but I would expect a person who truly calls themself a friend to be straight with me also. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's superficial "friendships". Now, if a friend makes a mistake, cause goodness knows we all make them, i will be there to help them, but i'm not above telling them I told you so
That's me also. I will do just about anything for my true friends, unless it is a complete detriment to me, in which case I tell them so and being friends, they understand.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned not to trust anyone. I have made some new friends lately but I wouldn't call them close. We go out together in couples and have a good time but that's it. It's a terrible way to live but being back stabbed too many times has left me with total mistrust of people. For me, it is a better way of life.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple of close friends that I would do just about anything for....and I know that they would do the same for me. I don't really make friends very easily, and tend to take a long time to get to know someone well enough to call them a close friend. I haven't befriended anyone who lives in a fantasy-land, so I haven't had to deal with that.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one really close friend and I love her to pieces, I advise when needed but I would never tell her what to do, I am there for her all the time no matter what and we have both supported each other through some really tough times, we would do anything for each other. x

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a friend who I can honestly say that I trust, I would do just about anything to help them. However for me, trust is something that is hard to come by. I trust my friends tiger and my wild cats, more than I trust most people at this point.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

How far would you go for your friends? And how do you deal with friends that live in some sort of fairytale land?
Friends and close relationships are one of the things that make our life on earth better. I have a relative who lives in a happy fairytale land while I think it is interesting, I figure it just protects them from whatever reality they are in.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a wide circle of friends, but there are a few people I consider close friends and I love them and would do anything for them.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As someone who has been residing in fairytale land for years, I think I'm starting to realize why I have so very few friends.

Ah, but seriously. I don't believe in "unconditional love". If my mate is being an idiot, I'll tell them so. If they're being a malicious idiot, I'm gone.

That being said, if you're someone I wholeheartedly trust and respect, I'll follow you into Hell.