Question of the day - Thursday 25 August

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

What are some weird smells you really like ? :crazy:

Heres just a few I can think of - freshly painted walls, gasoline, leather, and new books :cloud9:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Wild mushrooms in the rain, fog, instant Polaroid photos, baseball stadiums, mimeograph paper, brick dust.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ink from community newsletters that I get in the mail. I know really specific, but it's something I smell the instant I see it in my mailbox. :lol:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Books, leather, fresh lumber.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Most smells if they're strong bring on a migraine for me but I can't resist the smell of wet doggie fur.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before and after a storm smell.
The smell of someone who just spent the day on a snow machine and first comes into the house. It's a weird mix of used gas and oil with a crisp cold fresh air thing....IDK how to describe it...I hope someone out there knows what I talking about...

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weirdly enough, cigarettes. My grandmother and one of my aunts smoked when I was a kid, and I came to associate that smell with visiting.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mimeograph paper

Someone remembers mimeograph paper :yess: I thought I was way too old to remember that. I remember the schools I attended giving out worksheets and homework copied onto mimeograph paper (and mostly smudged so you couldn't read the text or numbers) well into the 1990s.

I like the smell of livestock and horse barns. Fresh bales of hay, the grain, straw bedding.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Snow. Yes, snow has a smell. A very distinct smell. I love it. Also, horses. And the very best smell in the entire world is the fur right behind Hekitty's ears. I could down happily in that smell.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Snow. Yes, snow has a smell. A very distinct smell. I love it. Also, horses. And the very best smell in the entire world is the fur right behind Hekitty's ears. I could down happily in that smell.
Yes, snow does have a smell! If a big storm is coming I swear you can smell it.
If I drive by a hay field that's being cut, I don't care if it's 150 degrees out, I roll those windows down and breathe in. I love the smell of fresh cut alfalfa hay.