Question of the day - Thursday 11 June

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone ! :wave3:

Todays question is ....

What is the oldest item of clothing you own ?

I think the oldest piece of clothing I have is a pair of jeans from the late 90’s. I can still just about squeeze into them, but, only just :lol:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My school choir shirt from 2006. The choir director decided on tie-dye that year. I still wear it as a junk shirt.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have my mother’s wedding dress. But my personal item is a pair of boxer shorts I got to wear as pjs in high school. I bought them at a National Junior Classical League convention and they say “Semper Ubi Sub Ubi” “Always wear underwear.”

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing that comes to mind is a cat sweater that belonged to my mom. She has photos of herself wearing it in the 80s or 90s (her hair was permed, so I'm guessing it was around then!)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably my high school senior year class t shirt. I remember it was way too large for me at the time. Now it fits pretty well. Or it just shrunk in the wash over the years 😛

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a dress coat from the 80’s that I used to wear when I was working but it rarely comes out of the closet since I retired. Next oldest are two sweatshirts with quarter length arms that are about fifteen years old. They just don’t seem to wear out and they are perfect for fall and spring .

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably my many pairs of sweatpants. But I'm in the process of getting out of my sweatpants and back into jeans. So I will probably get rid of a few bags of them.

My mom has tons of old clothing in her hoarding clutter. I found a coat that was so old, it had rigormortis. It snapped in half when I tried to fold it! So that thing was probably older than me.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my mother’s wedding dress. But my personal item is a pair of boxer shorts I got to wear as pjs in high school. I bought them at a National Junior Classical League convention and they say “Semper Ubi Sub Ubi” “Always wear underwear.”
What is NJLC?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wedding dress (43 years) but clothes that I actually wear is a sweatshirt that my best friend gave me for my birthday about 25 years ago. It is getting ratty but is so comfortable I keep wearing it in cool weather.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My high school letter jacket, I think. It's 18 years old at this point and my weight has fluctuated so much in the last two decades, that it's really the only thing that I've kept.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a grey hoodie I borrowed from my sister about 20 years ago. She'd had it long enough not to bother asking me for it back, so I guess that makes it pretty old.