Question of the day - Thursday 1 September

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone :wave3:

A bit of fun for today’s question …..

Your username is the name of a new shop you have just opened.
What does your new shop sell ? :thumbsup:

I guess mine would be gems and diamonds :crazy:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Salt. And pie.

Winchester is the surname of brothers Sam and Dean who hunted vampires, killed werewolves, dealt with demons, etc. Salt was an important weapon. Poured around windows and doors to keep the demons out.

And pie, preferably apple. Dean loved his apple pie.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm… Noodles 🍜 apparently but I’m not sure how to tie Mooch in there. Maybe we give small servings for free? Not the best business model unless its to feed the hungry or something.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... I'd sell cat supplies, apparel for other cat ladies, cat traps and books on feral cats. ;)
You know, I’ve never seen a store like that, but bet it would be quite popular, esp. if you added in fresh coffee and a couple outdoor tables.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I’ve never seen a store like that, but bet it would be quite popular, esp. if you added in fresh coffee and a couple outdoor tables.
Along time ago there was a store like your describing. It was in Kansas City, Missouri. The store was in a Mall near Hallmark Headquarters. They carried books, Cat novelties plus all sorts of Cat related items. They even hosted a Cat instore visit day.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Mani is Sanskrit for Jewel. It's also in a lot of mantras (Aum Mani Padme Hum is about the jewel in the lotus) and there are masses of Sanskrit mantras. So my shop is either selling jewels, which would be rather nice, or Sanskrit mantras, which would be tricky. :biggrin:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm, maybe a bookstore? Since my username is based on a figure from Greek Mythology (Cassiopeia) Or something to do with Astronomy and/or astrology since it is also a constellation.

Or nautical related - Since the spelling I have is also the name of a jellyfish :lol:

Altogether would be pretty happy with the options 👍

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a rose marble table my grand-aunt brought back from Kashmir.
So, I guess those plus blankets, rugs and some wooden carved items from the territory. (assuming they still do marble there, this was back in the 20's-30's when she bought it)
OR
I named my dressage horse after the territory because they were/are both astonishingly beautiful. So I could sell horses and tack.