Question of the Day: Thurs. March 3

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I was wondering: What kind of household did you grow up in?

2 parents? 1 parent? Siblings? Pets? Do you remember what your house or bedroom was like?
So blessed with 2 loving supportive parents and had siblings and pets. My house was great and on a bunch of land and my bedroom was great.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was just Mom and I for awhile, in different apartments. My father was never in the picture and wanted nothing to do with me. Mom had my brother, Tyler, when I was 6. We lived in a 2 bedroom apartment in the same building as my grandparents, and they were a huge support system. Mom put herself through nursing school, but had one bad relationship after another. When I was 12 she got back together with and married Tyler's father, who was evil through and through and incredibly abusive to us all. (Mom divorced him finally when I was 18.) When I was 13, my brother Brody was born and has Down Syndrome. Shortly before he was born we all moved into a 3 bedroom minihome that my grandfather gave to my Mom. My bedroom was very small, but at least it was my own, and very much my safe haven.

We had numerous cats as I grew up, but they were always disposable objects that Mom would get rid of if they did anything to upset her. Lucky she has learned the error of those ways now.