Question of the Day: Thurs. March 15

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Todays question: Medicine

Do you take prescription meds? Do you take OTC meds? Or how about a holistic approach? What type of OTC meds do you regularly keep on hand?

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alleve for headaches/joint pain

Allergy Medication 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing on a daily basis.

I'll take aspirin if I have a headache or muscle pain. Sometimes Alavert or Claratin (or Benedryl if it's bedtime) if my allergies are kicking up.

My natural inclination is to say I don't have any prescription meds, but I always forget. . .I have an inhaler for mild exercise/allergy-induced asthma. I don't use it very often.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ibruprofen for muscle and headaches, and we have aspirin on hand too.
I will use a fair amount of allergy meds, but not every single day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm on iron right now.  Hopefully I'll be able to come off of it shortly after baby is born in a few months.  Other than that the only prescription I have is for my eczema, in a cream form.  And that's only used as needed. 

If I get a bad enough headache I'll do either excedrin or sometimes a pseudaphedrine.  Regular ibuprofen for other aches.  But I usually ignore pain before I go any med route.  I'm not quick to pop any pills. 

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take three prescription meds every day too.  And I think that's more than  enough, so I usually don't take any OTC meds at all.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take 2 prescription meds and Tylenol is the OTC med I use the most.

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I take advil when I have a headache or other body aches, and I often taken melatonin at night (I used to be on Rx sleeping pills but prefer natural meds). When I have a cold and need to go to work I'll take some type of cold medicine (whatever kind is on sale I'll buy lol)

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prednisone for, uh, cat allergy related asthma.  Sometimes xanax on an as needed basis.  To me OTC includes antibiotics, and pred and some cat meds that i got from vet that i keep on hand(stimulants to eat, stomach meds my cats takes at times