Question of the Day: Thurs. June 17

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pretty much what I said in the QOTD yesterday. I would like to do a vacation but finances prohibit it. I have a week off in Sept but will probably stay home.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to take a small road trip somewhere, a random spur of the moment weekend type of thing..
I don't like vacations too much because in the end I feel like it's more of an inconvenience than a vacation, I need to remember to pack, make sure I don't lose anything important...I guess I've had so many vacations where something went wrong and it became an even more stressful event than everyday life, that I'm just not up for vacations anymore

I pretty much have to go at least once a year though, I have family overseas and I need to go see them since my grandparents are in their 70s and I want to spend as much time with them as I can..and if I don't go I feel guilty and worried...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We make our homes comfortable and surround ourselves with our treasures, and then when we have free days, we leave and spend time somewhere else! I never got that, I like being at home!

BUT, my husband and daughter like to experience other places, so I travel with them. My husband makes it easy - he's a world traveller - so all I do is pack and make sure my passport's (and our daughter's) valid, then follow him wherever he goes. He takes care of every detail from beginning to end so I just have fun, that's very sweet.

When I have to travel by myself I find it to be really stressful, really don't like it. We'll be taking some weekend and daytrips up island this summer.

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We always take a summer vacation. This year we are taking two but that is unusual. We usually try to get away once in the winter and once in the summer.

We are Disney Vacation Club owners (it's a timeshare) so one of our trips is to Walt Disney World. The other is usually a cruise. I really, really, really want to go to Italy next summer so if we do that we'll have to skip the winter trip this year.