Question of the Day Sunday, the 8th of November, 2020

Hannah531

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love this question! (And all of the questions of the day! I love reading everyones answers)

My comfort foods are... strange. I can eat buttered corn with seasoning any time of day, or egg drop soup, or pasta with pesto sauce. Also several kinds of spicy chips but the other things are for the really low days.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried pasta with butter and ketchup once when I saw Honey Boo Boop's mother make it on her show. It wasn't bad but I don't think I would make it again.
What kind of pasta? For some reason to me it doesn't really taste the same if you use something too large. An elbow noodle is pushing it. I prefer the little ABC noodles or the little stars; but orzo will work. Now I need to get some tiny pasta... :lol: Egg noodles have a different flavor so I think that might be ok. I'm willing to put that to the test the next time I have some leftover. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of pasta? For some reason to me it doesn't really taste the same if you use something too large. An elbow noodle is pushing it. I prefer the little ABC noodles or the little stars; but orzo will work. Now I need to get some tiny pasta... :lol: Egg noodles have a different flavor so I think that might be ok. I'm willing to put that to the test the next time I have some leftover. :lol:
I believe I used spaghetti noodles. When I was a kid I used to cook spaghetti noodles with Campbell's tomato soup. It was pretty good. I could eat my weight in pasta. I guess that is the Italian in me.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How do I prepare this? Is ABC a brand of pasta?
I don’t think its a brand but I usually find it from the San Giorgio brand; which is what my mom always bought when I was growing up. I also find it in unbranded packaging at a place that repackages bulk stuff to sell. They are tiny; probably 3-5 millimeters tall. I just cook my pasta and add in maybe 1/2-1 tsp of butter and then kitchup to taste. I usually only make one serving at a time since for lunch.

I found it on San Giorgios website:San Giorgio® - Alphabets

Heres the Pastina: San Giorgio® - Pastina