Question of the Day, Sunday the 29th of October, 2023

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!!

What is your most prized possession(s)? (other than our babies)
not your most expensive but something that means a lot

a solid oak antique mirror I purchased from an antique mall in Medina.

What about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A handmade quilt the top made by my grandmother. My mother's engagement and wedding ring. I have three grown children and I have thought about passing those things on. I have heard so many stories about things like these causing vicious fights among heirs. I will hopefully pass them on before I pass. I guess I will split up my mother's bridal set, engagement ring to one and wedding ring to another.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A dresser that I was given by a boyfriend‘s mother back in the 70’s when I was college. I didn’t have anything to store my clothes in at that point and they gave me this tall five drawer dresser painted cherry red that the mom no longer needed. Not pretty but very functional. About twenty years later I finally stripped off the red paint and found beautiful mahogany underneath and the markings on the back of the local company that made it some time before 1910. It is still beautiful, the drawers still glide easily regardless of humidity and it will probably last another 100 years.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
A rosary which my aunt had and gave me for Confirmation. It is not expensive, It is a really pretty turquoise. When I was small I always looked at it and touched it.. My aunt noticed... and remembered it..
And a beat up small bookcase my dad helped make... along with the 2 pictures I have of my parents, when they were in their 20's...

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't choose just one. I have my mom's wedding rings, which she gave me a few years before she was gone. I have an antique telephone table that my dad bought at an auction before I was born. He told me that when he bought it, he never dreamed that he would have a daughter that would grow up to want it. I hold those words with me, because they provide a different perspective, something I wouldn't have thought of in that way.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and my wedding rings.

DH's record collection from when he was a kid. He thought that his parents had gotten rid of it but they did not. He dad brought it to him when they sold their house in NY. It includes a copy of Kiss Destroyer. It was the first thing he ever bought with his own money. I am holding onto the collection and it will go to DD when she's ready for it.

My stuffed dog Henry. I got him when I was 8. I'm 53 now. He knows all my secrets and will never tell a soul.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Besides my 2 kitty boys and my baby girl Nera(my doggo) my most prized possession is a cookbook my grandmother gave me about 2 weeks before she passed away in 2020 a week before Christmas. It’s my prized possession cause of the note she wrote. I always told her I would make her dinner from it cause she knew I loved cooking, I sadly never got to do that. I have other things of hers too that I hold dear to me.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My camera. I wouldn’t be without it and it’s probably the most expensive item I own personally too. I’m an avid amateur photographer and always take my camera whenever I leave the house, just incase there’s something to capture.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a maple shaker style dresser that was a gift to my Mom from her mother and she gave it to me after I got married,an oval oak mirror that was a gift from Mom,several cat books and cookbooks that were birthday and Christmas gifts from my Mom over the years.

JavierG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A small blue stuffed doll, a horse. When my family left Cuba many many years ago, we had to leave all behind, family, possessions, everything. I was two years old and this toy was the only thing that came with me from that previous life.