Question of the Day, Sunday the 26th of April, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning and Happy Sunday!

What are your favorite times of day?

Mine are sunrise, I've always been an early riser and seeing the sun rise while hearing the birds singing is a great thing to experience while I'm having my tea. and sunset. I like a pinkish sunset, so pretty.

What is/are yours?

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a night owl. I feel most creative/productive from 10pm to 2am, so it's really been hard the past few years where I have to get up at 6am, meaning I have to be asleep by midnight if I want to get any rest at all. I really like walking around late at night when there's finally fewer people out (everyone in Seoul walks everywhere, so there's hardly ever even a back alley without another person in it) I also like the anonymity of the dark. I really like to walk down to the riverfront and sit and watch the bridge lights blink. It's nice that I can do that here. Back home you definitely don't hang out at the river at midnight unless you're looking for...ahem...trouble. Here, it's a pretty normal thing for anybody to do.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Even though I used to complain about setting an alarm I am a morning person. I feel I get more accomplished in the early part of the day as opposed to the later. As a teenager I used to love to sleep in on weekends but now my inner alarm wakes me up. ⏰

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the weather, time of year and what I hope to do. At the moment there isn’t much I can do: no sport studio, no swimming, and no meeting friends. If it were to start raining hard tomorrow, I'd be up before the birds. But, another sunny, dry day is too much of a good thing and rather depressing. I have already had to fill up the garden pond twice this year and it's still only April. I have no problem working in the garden in the rain, pulling out weeds and planting. But the ground is so hard and dry, it's impossible to do anything out there.

My favourite time of a normal day would be the afternoon and evening. I usually cook at lunchtime, so, after clearing up the kitchen, I can drink my coffee and enjoy the rest of the day.

I particularly like the long, light evenings in summer.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Night. Why? Because I'm back in bed with my nose in a book and the tv on. I've got Mollipop wrapped up in my left arm, sound asleep, with her head on my shoulder. Muffin is usually to my right, curled up at my side, also sound asleep. And Tabby is all stretched out on Rick's side of the bed, sleeping away, too. Tabby likes to coo in her sleep.

Rick will come back from time to time and when he sees all all cuddled together, he says he has to smile.

My doctor and I were talking one time about that time of night. And I told him that this....this is what peace is like. All is perfect in our little world. Glorious.

Until morning hits....then all Hades breaks loose!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sunset if I can just sit and savor it. And late night after everyone else is in bed and it's quiet.

My Grandparents had a small covered patio behind their garage. It was maybe 15 feet long but 7 or so feet deep; just enough for some comfy furniture and a little table to hold the newspaper and an old radio. It was partially enclosed with lattice so it caught the breeze but stayed shady. My Grandpa sat out there every evening and sometimes during the day when it was hot. He'd have an oldies station or an old AM talk style radio show on and sit and listen or sometimes sing and whistle along with a song he liked. I'd sit out there with him and talk. We both loved it in the rain too. That's where we would watch the birds and the gardens. My Grandparents were excellent gardeners so the backyard was a little oasis in the 1950s suburb. :cloud9: My kids are still young enough that that isn't generally a peaceful time of day for me. But someday it will be. I get the urge to go find that peaceful place on my own patio sometimes. But for now I've got the quiet after 10pm when everyone else goes to bed.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy the mornings when I can drink my coffee...2 cups...and watch the birds and critters in the yard.Kitties are usually pretty quiet...they like to sit and watch the goings on as well.Then after dinner,kitchen and table cleaned up,dogs our for a walk and I have my computer time.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw, there are so many good times I'm not sure I can pick just one. Sunrise when the mourning doves are cooing, beautiful cat is purring. Sunset when the sky is splashed with so many colors. Night when the heavens are all twinkling with stars, planets, constellations and it is so silent and solitary. I Love this universe; this life so very very precious.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about dinner! I love cooking, I'm just learning how to cook. And I like sitting down to a warm plate of dinner around 6pm, now that I actually eat. :thumbsup: