Question of the Day, Sunday the 11th of October, 2020

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother used to make stay up late Saturday night to watch Frankenstein, Wolf Man, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, etc. I kind of had a crush on Lon Chaney, Jr. He was always so sad looking.
Have you seen "Cat People" with Simone Simon? I love it!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!!

For those of you who like scary movies, what are some of your faves?
If you don't like them what are some of your fave non-scary ones?

I love:

The Blair Witch Project
Paranormal Activity 1,2,3,4
The Ring
The Grudge

The Children and more
When I was younger I use to love the Nightmare on Elm Street/Freddie Krugar movies. The Shining is my favorite horror movie though. I also like The Ring and The Grudge.

Since I am more into non-horror movies. My all time favorite move is Die Hard followed by L.A. Confidential. My favorite chick flicks are Steel Magnolias and Thelma and Louise. Lol I guess I keep things balanced.😁

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think one of the creepiest movie scenes is when Rosemary sees her child for the first
time and asks what's wrong with his eyes and Roman answered "He has his father's eyes."
Still one of my fave horrors even though it is tame by today's standards. I like atmospheric
horror..what you don't see like The Blair Witch Project and the Paranormals. The images
from The Ring are way scary and fun to watch.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like any of the modern blood-and-gore movies, but instead prefer the Hitchcockian suspense thrillers like Psycho or Vertigo or Rear Window. No computer-generated graphics here; the terror was generated in your own mind by what wasn't on the screen, instead of what was..
That's how I feel about the movie Gaslight. It's one of my favorites. I wouldn't say it is scary per se, but it definitely has that thrilling aspect that really does the job well without any modern overdone movie-making stuff.

I'm not a huge scary movie fan if it involves anything paranormal. I've seen some good scary/thriller movies lately like The Invisible Man (with Elisabeth Moss). I don't really have any favorites though.