Question Of The Day, Sunday, June 24, 2018

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Buddy (the love of my life) used to get mad at me he would run over by the kitchen door and scratch the wall paper. I haven't had the heart to have it replaced. I think of him with a smile every time I notice it.

Muffin, Robbie and Muffy used to get into the laundry room and climb up into an opening in the ceiling of the basement. The basement was not finished off at the time. One time Robbie spent two days up there and would not come down. When Muffin got up there she would scratch the floor like she was using an imaginary litter box. There was no way I could get to it to clean it up.

For the most part my kitties were sweet little angels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morgana has a bit of a history....chewing chargers to the point of needing to be replaced, opening cupboard doors to get into the food inside, exploring inside fireplaces where she would get completely covered in ash, knocking bottles down from counters for fun/to summon me, stealing the dogs chew bones etc

And I suspect some other things, like a mafia kingpin :lol: or owning a secret lair somewhere in the house in order to take over the world.
your Morgana can be quite mischievous!!! :lol: silly girl!! :D

'like a mafia kingpin or owning a secret lair somewhere in the house in order to take over the world' -- i think we're probably okay, unless all these 'naughty' and smart kitties decide to join together......:fear:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hotaru will sometimes chew on paper or cardboard.
your Hotaru chews on paper or cardboard someimes!!! :nono: oh dear!! :)

from watching our two girls chew on cardboard, and sometimes paper (i'll crinkle a sheet of printer paper into a ball occasionally for them), i can see how satisfying it is for them. :agree: my two don't usually try to chew on papers i need though...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo has given up on the cords and cables because I put Chewsafe on all of them. I used close to 20 feet of it.

Due to spinal problems, my left leg is now almost a half inch shorter/higher than my right, so I use heel lifts to equalize the length of my legs. The ones intended for this are too expensive, so I use pads that are designed for heel spurs. Mingo loves those, and if I leave one in my shoe, he will chew it up during the night. :argh:
your Mingo used to chew on cords and cables, and loves to chew up the pads for bone spurs that you use in your shoe!!! :eek: please not to chew up your meowmy's shoe pads, dear Mingo! :D

i had not heard of Chewsafe! it looks like a very good, effective product!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really fortunate that Chicqui doesn't chew cords, wires, the mail, etc. However the little angel has a habit of licking everything, especially smooth things. She licks the outside base of the step-in shower, the top edge of my laptop, the side of the tray table, and of course my arms and hands. If I pet her when she's not expecting it she licks my hand, even reaching out a paw to hold it down if I move to stop her.

Her vet was right when he said he never saw a cat that's so much like a dog. :catrub:
awww, your Chicqui loves to lick smooth things, and your hands and arms!!! :clap: that's really very sweet!! :D

our Dude, when he first joined Snick :rbheart: and i, used to love to lick my hands. in fact, he'd hold my hand in place if i tried to move it with his teeth -- not overly hard, or with a real bite. i think that during that time, he really wanted/needed to know he truly had his own furever person -- which he does. :redheartpump: he doesn't do that any longer, but he does sometimes become a bit....jealous, when i'm giving one of the girls scritchins. so i make sure to alternate the scritchins, between Dude and DeeDee or Punky. :petcat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think both my cats are probably bored. They both push things just to watch them fall, Artemis chews plastic grocery bags, Luna used to chew my coffee table when I still had it, and both stick their heads through the blinds on the windows and have broken them.
your Artemis likes to chew plastic grocery bags, while Luna used to chew on your coffee table, and both cats like to push things just to watch them fall as well as stick their heads through the blinds on the windows!!! :nono: oh my!! :D

i guess i'm really lucky that my three cats don't push things to watch them fall. :agree: although, when the girls are in tearing around the house mode, they do knock things over or off of things. not so much any longer though, since i museum puttied important items to the table or desk -- like my digital phone system, and the computer and extra wide mouse pad.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy is attracted to elastic bands or some strings. I am very careful to never have these lying around at all.

She does like to claw fruit and bread on the counters, never eats it, just leaves a little claw mark through the packaging or bags. Her mark of inspection.:greenpaw:
elastic bands as well as some strings attract your Speedy!!! :headshake: uh-oh!! :)

i do keep some rubber bands in one specific drawer in the kitchen. like you, i'm very careful to keep them away from my cats. :agree:

ahhh, your girl likes to check out fruit as well as bread, on the counters! our Punky likes to check on fresh tomatoes that i leave on the counter to become perfectly ripened. she smells them daily. i do sometimes notice little (likely) claw marks in them. :lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Samai first started chewing wires, I could usually distract her. But then she started on the plugs at the outlet and that's when I got scared enough to use drastic measures. I felt bad, but would have felt worse if she'd have died.
oh, yes!! chewing on plugs at the outlet :jawdrop: definitely would require 'drastic measures'! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea it was weird. The table has been here since day one and all of a sudden he noticed those pegs and became obsessed with them.
i wonder if your boy thought something like, 'huh....what are those things...well, they definitely aren't right, so need to be removed' ...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Buddy (the love of my life) used to get mad at me he would run over by the kitchen door and scratch the wall paper. I haven't had the heart to have it replaced. I think of him with a smile every time I notice it.

Muffin, Robbie and Muffy used to get into the laundry room and climb up into an opening in the ceiling of the basement. The basement was not finished off at the time. One time Robbie spent two days up there and would not come down. When Muffin got up there she would scratch the floor like she was using an imaginary litter box. There was no way I could get to it to clean it up.

For the most part my kitties were sweet little angels.
awww, your Buddy had a special spot of wall paper he'd scratch!! :redheartpump:

and Muffin, Robbie, and Muffy would climb up into an opening in the ceiling of the basement! :rolleyes: oh dear!!

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i wonder if your boy thought something like, 'huh....what are those things...well, they definitely aren't right, so need to be removed' ...
I think that's exactly what he thought. lol I have a lamp that has a little knob on the base that can adjust the light. He did the same thing with that. He jumped up and chewed on it until fell apart.