Question Of The Day, Sunday, June 10, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning!! :wave3:

a simple Question of the Day for today......

Name two memories that make you smile when you think of them, that make you happy.

i'll start!

of course, my three cats always make me smile, and i have many happy memories about them. :kneading:

aside from cat related happy memories......

1) my friend's puppy, licking my face! :redheartpump:

2) a dream that i had not long ago. of course, there were...weird parts to the dream, but overall it was a very happy dream. :D

okay, now it's your turn!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my favorite memories of my late cat, Willie, was when she would sleep curled on my shoulder when I was sleeping on my back. She'd lay in just the perfect way that my ear was right over her heart and I could hear her purring. It would always put me to sleep.

Another happy memory is any family game night. My sister and brother-in-law are HUGE board gamers (like I joke that they need a bigger house not because they will soon have 2 kids in addition to their 2 cats and 2 dogs, but because they have 2 rooms full of board games) and we always have a lot of fun playing board games, especially with our parents.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • I've mentioned this before. One winter's night when we were kids, we were in the living room watching tv. Mom was in the kitchen, making chicken and waffles. Dad was on his way home from plowing snow at the hospital. It was snowing like crazy and the wind was howling. But in the house, it was warm and we could smell dinner. It smelled so good. Dad pulled in the driveway, came into the house, and all was right in our little world that night.
  • Banshee, aka the Queen B. It seems like everything she made me smile. She and I were always cuddling. Rick used to come to bed and Banshee was all wrapped up in my arms and he'd say, "My Cuddlebuddies. There are my Cuddlebuddies." One night, he said that she left the bed to go to the bathroom. When she came back, I had rolled over to my other side. She sat there and started patting my head. I rolled back over, said, "C'mon, BabyGirl, lie down." She flopped back down in my arms, I pulled the covers back over her and she went to sleep. And I did this without ever awakening. When he told me the next morning, I just smiled. And I still do when I think about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my favorite memories of my late cat, Willie, was when she would sleep curled on my shoulder when I was sleeping on my back. She'd lay in just the perfect way that my ear was right over her heart and I could hear her purring. It would always put me to sleep.

Another happy memory is any family game night. My sister and brother-in-law are HUGE board gamers (like I joke that they need a bigger house not because they will soon have 2 kids in addition to their 2 cats and 2 dogs, but because they have 2 rooms full of board games) and we always have a lot of fun playing board games, especially with our parents.
those are wonderful memories!!! :clap:

i rest my ear on our little DeeDee's side, close my eyes, and listen to her purring almost every day. :cloud9: it's very soothing, comforting!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • I've mentioned this before. One winter's night when we were kids, we were in the living room watching tv. Mom was in the kitchen, making chicken and waffles. Dad was on his way home from plowing snow at the hospital. It was snowing like crazy and the wind was howling. But in the house, it was warm and we could smell dinner. It smelled so good. Dad pulled in the driveway, came into the house, and all was right in our little world that night.
  • Banshee, aka the Queen B. It seems like everything she made me smile. She and I were always cuddling. Rick used to come to bed and Banshee was all wrapped up in my arms and he'd say, "My Cuddlebuddies. There are my Cuddlebuddies." One night, he said that she left the bed to go to the bathroom. When she came back, I had rolled over to my other side. She sat there and started patting my head. I rolled back over, said, "C'mon, BabyGirl, lie down." She flopped back down in my arms, I pulled the covers back over her and she went to sleep. And I did this without ever awakening. When he told me the next morning, I just smiled. And I still do when I think about it.
those are really lovely memories!!! :thumbsup:

'...all was right in our little world that night'
-- i love that feeling! :redheartpump: