Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 15, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went vegan I used substitutions when I was still able to cook and bake. I used substitutions for sugar, butter, milk and eggs but I forgot what I used to use. I know one thing I used for baking was bananas in place of eggs.
you use many substitutions when you were still able to cook and bake!!! :clap: really awesome!! :D

i think i had read of using bananas in place of eggs in recipes, but have never tried it. :think:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When cooking, I tend to substitute salt for taste with either black pepper or a spice mix, herbs de Provence.

I try to only purchase one type of bread at a time these days, as I have experience wasting a lot of bread if I buy too many and I am cooking for just myself here. So, one type of bread will substitute for a variety of breads. If I buy pumpernickel, I will use it as hot dog and hamburger rolls, for toast, grilled cheese. It just saves mye from throwing away a lot of bread.

I tend to switch up vegetables a lot, for example in beef stew, I will often use what vegetables I have in the freezer and in spaghetti sauces, too.
you substitute black pepper or herbs de provence instead of salt when cooking, use one type of bread for several uses, and will switch up vegetables in recipes based on what you have on hand!!! :thumbsup: that makes good sense!! :agree:

i'll use my bread for several different things too! :agree: