Question Of The Day, Sunday, January 14, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I'm at (Southern Hemisphere) it is summer. I like the wildlife, the 24 hour sunlight, and the warm (relative) temperatures.

When I return to the states, my favourite part of summer is the birds.
it's summer right now, where you are!! :cloud9: wildlife, lots of sunlight, and warm temps -- that sounds heavenly!!! :D

and when you return to the states, it's the birds! most excellent!! :agree:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am very much looking forward to Daylight Savings Time. I am also anticipating lazy afternoons spent on my screened back porch. The ceiling fan is on, the table next to my large sofa holds my iced tea drink. I am stretched out there with a book and my cat. Wow. I can hardly wait.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Festival/Events season
- Cute summer dresses and sandals
- Less accessories to drag around and wear like clunky coats, gloves, scarves etc
- Swimming in the lake
- No more worrying about winter driving!
that's a great group of things about summertime you're looking forward to!!! :clap:

swimming in the lake!! that sounds simply glorious! :agree: it's been many years since i've been swimming, and my favorite was swimming in a creek where i grew up.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much except daylight savings time. This is the time of year to live in Florida. Our summers are what I call the 3 verys:

Very long
Very hot
and
Very humid

I don't complain though. It is what it is and every time I think about doing so, Mother Nature reminds me of this:

"Oh so you don't like the heat? Here's something to think about! You will never deal with snow here."
Me: "My bad. You're right! HELLO heat! Have a nice day!" :wave3:

Mother Nature: "That's what I thought you'd say" :lol:

Cold is worse than heat and snow is the root of all evil. No one has ever thrown their back out shoveling the heat. :thumbsup:
daylight savings time!!! :thumbsup: most definitely!! :agree:

i agree! cold is worse than heat. at least with hot weather, i can turn on the fan or the ac, drink a cold drink, have some ice cream, and etc. during winter here, i'm simply never really warm enough. although, winter is prime kitty snuggling season here!! :catlove:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The biggest thing about summer (or what passes for summer in the UK some years :rolleyes:) is just warmer days meaning I have fewer reynauds attacks. If the rest of my body's cooperating, the other wonderful thing about summer is it being warm enough for me to be able to go see Collie (my Exmoor pony, for those who don't know). This is kind of an extension of my first point though, as it' the reynauds that means I can't handle doing stuff with her when it's colder. I miss my Collie cuddles :redheartpump:
warmer days, and fewer Raynaud's attacks!!! :clap: most awesome!! :D

and you're able to go and spend time with your Collie!! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually don't like summer. The heat, the humidity, the bugs. I don't like it at all. I guess if I had to choose, it would be all the fresh fruit and veggies in season.
although you don't like summer, with it's heat, humidity, and the bugs :nono:......you do enjoy the fresh fruit and veggies available during the summertime!!! :thumbsup: very nice!!

that's something i'm very much looking forward to also! :)

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sunshine, fresh fruits and veggies, going for walks with my hubby, opening windows to let the fresh air in, watching my boys play soccer and swim, and vacation!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing I look forward to in summer is longer days, i.e. staying light out later. Next would be sitting out on the patio to my heart's content with an iced cold coffee in hand. ;) I do like to plant flowers but only in large pots, perennials are in the back and side of our yard. However, what I miss most since our dog passed away are long summer walks. :sniffle: We used to get up early and share the sunrise walking for miles.
longer days/staying light out later, spending time on your patio while enjoying iced cold coffee, and planting flowers in large pots!!! :clap: all wonderful things you look forward to in the coming summer!! :D

i'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: have you thought about creating something that could be in his/her memory? maybe planting a tree or a flowering bush? or even putting in some stepping stones, like a path or that might represent your shared long summer walks together, out near the perennials you have in the back and side of your yard...?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: have you thought about creating something that could be in his/her memory? maybe planting a tree or a flowering bush? or even putting in some stepping stones, like a path or that might represent your shared long summer walks together, out near the perennials you have in the back and side of your yard...?
Looking back I don't know why I did this but on every walk with our dog I would pick up a stone and carry it back with me. I placed it in an area next to the patio instead of using mulch. Now when I sit out on the patio I can look over at the stones and be reminded of our walks.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I look forward to in summer (my favorite time of year)!! -

the hot temperatures
going for walks with Speedy
driving by a lake and see the water sparkle on a hot day
stone fruit like peaches, nectarines, and plums
trips to the New Hampshire and Maine seacoasts
the sound of the ocean
looking for shells on the beach
driving with car windows down
seeing fireflies after dark
watching Speedy jump after moths on nighttime walks
enjoying hot coffee even though it is warm out
soft-serve ice cream
using my vacation time
running out of the house without having to put layers on
no oil bills
perennials
hearing crickets and other night creatures
iced tea
seeing the wild turkeys come for the first time with their new babies
the smell of the ocean
the sound of a far-off boat horn at the ocean
fried clam strips
finding a sand dollar on a day that they are hard to find
the warmth of a parking lot on a hot day
the greenness of the landscape

I also love anything else about Summer!
that's certainly a great list of things about summer you're looking forward to!!! :cloud9: really very nice!!

...looking for shells at the beach, seeing fireflies after dark, soft-serve ice cream, perennials, hearing crickets and other night creatures, the sound of a far-off boat horn (at the ocean)......i really like those things too! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking forward to:

- My trip to Provence (France) in June
- Flowers
- Warm weather
- Long nights
- Trips to the beach
- Wearing short sleeved clothes
- More free time
- Exams finishing
- The Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Days out in the garden
- Opening the windows and letting in the fresh air
- The birds tweeting during the day
- Seeing the baby animals grow
- Introducing Toffee and Fudge to the rest of the house and the garden
- Finding out which university I go to
that sounds like an awesome summer you'll be having!!! :clap: most excellent!!

'seeing the animals grow'
-- there was one early summer, a few years back, that i glanced out my upstairs hallway window and saw two fawns playing. it was early morning, just after sunrise, and the two were running and romping around. :redheartpump: it's something i think i'll always remember!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to agree with you. I can't stand the heat, the humidity and the bugs but I do like the fresh veggies and fruit.
you're looking forward to the fresh fruit and veggies!!! :clap: that's great!!

i'm definitely looking forward to those too! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Longer days, flowers, picking fresh veggies from the garden. More birds at the feeder!
those are lovely things about summer that you're looking forward to!!! :thumbsup: most awesome!!

those longer days! :yess: and my three cats are looking forward to watching the birds that perch on the forsythia bush in our front yard!! :purr:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking back I don't know why I did this but on every walk with our dog I would pick up a stone and carry it back with me. I placed it in an area next to the patio instead of using mulch. Now when I sit out on the patio I can look over at the stones and be reminded of our walks.
that's truly a lovely thought...reminder, and memory!! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very much looking forward to Daylight Savings Time. I am also anticipating lazy afternoons spent on my screened back porch. The ceiling fan is on, the table next to my large sofa holds my iced tea drink. I am stretched out there with a book and my cat. Wow. I can hardly wait.
Daylight Saving Time, and what sounds like wonderful afternoons spent on your screened back porch with your Snoop!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunshine, fresh fruits and veggies, going for walks with my hubby, opening windows to let the fresh air in, watching my boys play soccer and swim, and vacation!
that's an awesome list of things about summer you're looking forward to!!! :thumbsup: really great!!