micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one is from 1907

View media item 315790
And this is a current picture of it lit up at night

View media item 315791
And this is a picture from our Labor Day Fireworks celebration we do every year. The fireworks 'roll' off the bridge and it looks like a giant waterfall! Stunning to see it at night in person!

View media item 315792
And finally, here is a picture of the bridge in a lightening storm!

View media item 315793
thank you so much for posting these pics!!! 
  i absolutely love historical photos of buildings, bridges, and etc.

wow! that must be some really cool Labor Day fireworks show you have there!

the last pic is just incredible! and beautiful too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Kat0121-- oh! i've been across the seven mile bridge in Florida! if i remember correctly, there were pelicans and pelican nests on poles coming up from the water along side the bridge.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
. Dogs like the winter also![emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji]
yes, they do! youtube has some great videos of dogs playing in the snow. i especially love when the dog burrows through/under the snow, then pops up in another area of the yard!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunder and lightening storms amaze me! I used to love sitting out on the back porch to watch the heavy clouds accumulate and roll through the sky. Then I would hear the ominous rumbling of thunder... getting closer and louder! Then, when I least expected it, a deafening crack and a huge bolt of lightening would flash and dance across the dark blue-grey background. Bursts of white, red, yellow, green, blue, pink, purple, violet, cyan and orange illuminating the air and casting outrageous shadows across the earth! The pungent smell of ionization and the feel of expanding air and the building wind! 

Then comes the pastoral calm afterward. The still air, a single chirp of a bird, the reflection of the sun in a puddle, glistening drops of rain desperately clinging to the leaves, the vibrant colors and the sweet, clean aromas of petrichor rising up and filling my senses. 

There is nothing quite so humbling as the violent power of a thunder and lightening storm!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love a great rip roaring thunderstorm with the lightening and thunder, exciting to me, I really like the sound of crackling lightening....so long as it 

stays in a good distance. My grandpa was hit by lightening TWICE in his life, and the tough old guy lived to be 95. 
they are exciting!!! 

i remember about 4 years ago or so when there was a huge thunderstorm here. thunder, lots of lightening that lit up the night sky, wind, and rain. this was maybe a few months after mickey, snick, and i moved into our house. snick was in the living room with me, but i wanted to make sure my mickey was doing okay with all the thunderstorm 'to do'. so i went looking through the house for him, and found him in the upstairs hallway -- on a cat tree in front of the hall window, just watching the bright flashes from the lightening. i was surprised that he was so calm about it and interested in it, but i told myself that my boy must have felt awfully comfortable, safe, and secure in our home if he was that calm during the really big thunderstorm.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would definitely love to see those big cloud banks rolling through! and it would be an incredible experience to be in the clouds too!

ahhh, pretty freya enjoying a little time outdoors with the snow! 

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

they are exciting!!! 

i remember about 4 years ago or so when there was a huge thunderstorm here. thunder, lots of lightening that lit up the night sky, wind, and rain. this was maybe a few months after mickey, snick, and i moved into our house. snick was in the living room with me, but i wanted to make sure my mickey was doing okay with all the thunderstorm 'to do'. so i went looking through the house for him, and found him in the upstairs hallway -- on a cat tree in front of the hall window, just watching the bright flashes from the lightening. i was surprised that he was so calm about it and interested in it, but i told myself that my boy must have felt awfully comfortable, safe, and secure in our home if he was that calm during the really big thunderstorm.
Mya is like that, sits on the window sill to watch a lightening storm, she also loves to sit in the backyard with us and watch on 4th of July as fireworks display. Amazes me, Liberty Belle hears any

thunder she is under the bed the rest of the night. Here it is, mid December almost and here in Omaha, N.E it was 63 today and tomorrow night they said we are suppose to get a storm with

possible thunder wow, this time of year and it feels like spring....and I think they said Monday we are suppose to get a inch of snow!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate fog having lived through the pea soupers in London where you can't see your hand in front of your face and to cross the road was by listening. By the time you saw the lights of the car it was too late.
Now I live in a very hot country and I hate the summer. Roll on winter I say. It's easier to warm up than to cool down.

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that is a gorgeous photo, would never want to drive on that thing in the fog!!

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keys bridge, went to Key West on the old road back in 1974, never have got to see the newer one that replaced it     hope I get to see it someday...I just remember what  long long drive from  Miami to Key West