Question of the Day: Sunday, August 7

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your cat a camel with 2 humps? 🐫
Well, of course not, she's a cat! 😻

But ....... in Germany, a Bactrian camel is known as a "Trampeltier" - an animal which tramples! It is also used colloquially to descibe any rather clumsy, awkward person (in my experience in the office, usually applied to young girls by slightly more senior boys). It is not necessarily meant in an unfriendly way and often accompanied by a smile! :)

Most of my cats and kitties have been light-footed, gentle creatures, But I have been known to call some of them trample cats! Three of my present cats are extremely careful and either walk around me or tread on me very lightly. Woolly Bear and Katy will snuggle up to me but NEVER lie on me while I'm asleep or even walk over me. But, I am often woken up in the night by the weight of a rather heavy Mogi, lying fast asleep across my stomach. But she got there without waking me earlier, so she's not a 🐫!

On the other hand, every time my "trample cat" Emily tramples across my body she puts all her weight on each paw as she makes her way to the other side of the bed or to a more comfortable spot. She wakes me up immediately! She is the only Bactrian camel in my family!

Do you own one? I have :bluecat::bluecat::bluecat: and 🐫

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Nooo…..but I have a “nose bapper,” not sure what that is in German. Light taps to the nose w/ just a hint of claw.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leroy has no shame in walking his 12 pound body all over me or landing his entire body on top of me when it's breakfast time :cringe:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of my kitties are trample cats. Undisturbed sleep is a rarity. Lily CAN be light footed, however she's just a tiny girl so I wonder if that's the reason she's not as obviously heavy footed as the others. She will walk all over us some nights and others not... Bynx and Chester...total trample cats.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alice was my trample cat. Until the last couple of years when she lost weight because her kidneys were failing, she was a heavy cat. She would not allow me to sleep with my back to her so I roll over and she would walk over me sometimes walk over my head, so she was on the side that I was facing. I never had the heart to banish her from the bedroom.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Austin is a bit of a trample. In bed, he likes to walk up me (from my feet) until he reaches my chest, stop to make a few biscuits, then on to the nightstand and off, usually to go into the hallway to get a snack. He does not particularly care where he makes the biscuits, or sits on me, or lays on me. Usually when I see he wants to get on me, I'll turn over on my back because he has a difficult time if I'm on my side. With one of my RB kitties, Cindy, I would sometimes wake up and find her sleeping on me and I was laying on my side. She was very light and I never felt her getting on me. At her heaviest, she was 8 lbs, but lost a lot toward the end of her life when she was ill. I really miss her.

Cricket is not a trample because there's no way she would ever even think of getting on me at any time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat, Neely, was definitely a trample cat. I attributed it to her being dominant and a diva in every sense of the word. You could hear her coming down the stairs since she made a grand entrance and let her presence be known by all. :flail:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of my past cats were tramplers but not Willow. She prefers not to actually touch me, although I do occasionally get the slightest brush of her fur as she passes. But if she wants to get from one side of the bed to the other she will often just leap over me and she is not a cat that is light on her feet so she makes the whole bed shake. I think I would rather be walked over.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few who are tramplers....that would be Mystery and Bunny.Mama,Bunny's Mommy,tramples with claws out,as does Hannah and Mittens.Usually the claws miss me and hit the hubby's leg...oh my!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nilah is a 'quite deliberate trampler'. When she feels it's time for me to get up/feed her/just pay attention to her she will trample back and forth across my body. For a dainty little thing, she packs quite a trample.
Sundar is much heavier but only tramples me if he's going somewhere and I'm in the way. I certainly feel it though.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My Bourbon and Graham.

They both consider my body including my face a paved road or oftentimes a trampoline particularly when I am in bed.
They walk (and run) all over me comfortably, like 2 regal princesses on tour, or toddlers at a park, depending on the situation.

And when I am sitting, Bourbon thinks I am a tree and perches on my shoulder, all 5kgs of her.
And Graham also mistakes me as a scratch post at times.

Life is hard. LOL.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats are tramplers, but my late cat Willie was definitely one. She only weighed between 8 and 11lbs her entire life but it felt like so much more when she'd be standing on some parts of my body.