Question of the Day, Sunday April 24

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning and a Happy Easter to any of you celebrating Orthodox Easter Sunday!

It's a lovely sunny morning in Germany - but surprisingly cold!
I've just found out it's also National Pigs in a Blanket Day, National Skipping Day and......
National Pets' Parents Day!

Well, fancy that!
It's our day and our pets are going to show us
just how much we are appreciated!

:dancingblackcat::party3:
For me there was no tea in bed, no bunch of flowers, no chocolates, not even a greetings card - just 4, apparently starving, cats trying to coax me out of bed and a couple of hairballs on the freshly laundered bedding!

So this Pet Parent started her day by doing a load of washing and wondering ........ if pets had any idea about showing social gratitude, what would we like them to do?

It would be nice if, once a year,
  • Woolly Bear tidied up all the hair she leaves lying about the place or even just allowed me to groom her properly​
  • Emily didn't slap me when I have to leave her in order to answer the door bell or phone​
  • Mogi didn't show her affection by biting so hard​
  • The ferals did not simply run and hide after watching me arrive in the car, take out the provisions and start to make my way towards their settlement​
  • and Katy? She could be friendlier to visitors so that they understand why I love her so much.​

How about your pets? How could they contribute to your happy Pet Parent's Day? Wouldn't it be nice if .........

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be nice if they'd let me clip their nails and brush their teeth.

And if Sparkle could learn to tell time so she knows when food is coming instead of knocking cabinets or scratching the couch because she's impatient.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does Orthodox mean?
Difficult question!
Orthodox means following or conforming to the traditional or generally accepted rules or beliefs of a religion, philosophy, or practice.

I know that Orthodox Christianity is practised in Greece, Russia and Eastern Europe and they celebrate Easter 2 weeks later than we do.
A quote from the Internet: "Essentially the Orthodox Church shares much with the other Christian Churches in the belief that God revealed himself in Jesus Christ, and a belief in the incarnation of Christ, his crucifixion and resurrection. The Orthodox Church differs substantially in the way of life and worship."
I know they do not believe in the infallibility of the Pope - they have their own head of their Church but believe he is capable of making human errors like the rest of us.
Is that enough information? There are of course Orthodox Jews, Muslims etc. but I was only referring to Orthodox Christians.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My two are still working on their relationship. I would love it if I could have both roaming the house. We are making progress, albeit at a snails pace. Willow still sleeps in the closet but Lola steps in every morning and makes her scream by just standing near her. No slaps from either though and after a few minutes Lola leaves and ignores her the rest of the day.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Austin could stay off the dresser with the TV at night when I'm just about getting to sleep (he either gets behind and wants to chew on stuff on front and scratching the screen)
Cricket could eat her food where I put it (wherever she's sitting) and not make me follow her all over the house until she finds the exact right spot. *Oh wait, maybe it will be better over there!*

I would also like it if Cricket didn't get so concerned when Austin gets too close to her. They get along fine, but Cricket is not into cuddling, with any of us. If Cricket is on the bed, and Austin jumps up and goes to the other side, she's fine. If he tries to lay down next to her, she'll tolerate for a minute, then jump down.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are already all very snuggly and bring me "dead mice" (aka toy mice) to me as gifts - So I reckon they would double that for me :biggrin:

Although it would also be nice if Batbat stopped using my books as a scratching post and Tintin would stop singing his opera aria in the middle of the night 😆

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If they would actually sit in my lap for once :(
And if I could carry Pandora without her acting like I'm kidnapping her. I only want to give you love!!