Question of the Day: Sunday, April 2

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I'm overweight for one, but also I'm 5'10" with short legs and a long torso, so all shirts are too short on me. My inseam is considered petite. When I can find a shirt that is long enough and also doesn't upset my sensory issues, it is awesome. I often will love some clothes, but then they start pilling or have an uncomfortable texture after a few washes and I can't wear them anymore because the sensations drive me crazy. I also struggle wearing anything that is snug around my neck or wrists. I can do a turtleneck sweater if the material is very stretchy.

I've actually had a lot of luck in finding long enough shirts in the maternity section.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I'm overweight for one, but also I'm 5'10" with short legs and a long torso, so all shirts are too short on me. My inseam is considered petite. When I can find a shirt that is long enough and also doesn't upset my sensory issues, it is awesome. I often will love some clothes, but then they start pilling or have an uncomfortable texture after a few washes and I can't wear them anymore because the sensations drive me crazy. I also struggle wearing anything that is snug around my neck or wrists. I can do a turtleneck sweater if the material is very stretchy.

I've actually had a lot of luck in finding long enough shirts in the maternity section.
I have a long torso as well, and camisoles have been the answer for me. They keep my stomach covered even when shirts run a little short.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. Unfortunately with the way I carry my weight in my stomach; many plus size tops make me look pregnant. 😑 During pregnancy was the easiest time I ever had dressing myself.

I never had the stereotypical teen body either; even though I was thin and fit back then. So I guess it’s not all me being overweight. Its just we are all different. Dressing casual is easier so thats what you get from me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I wear too but the last time I went to buy a new pair of Saucony's the width changed so the shoe was narrower. I bought Brooks instead and it works just as well if not better for me.
I've never been able to find a womans that was wide enuf...bless my Dad for giving me his feet!...which is why I've gone to the mens wide.I will take a look at the Brooks and see how they compare...thanks for the info!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the most part, no thankfully - trim and slim.

I do have trouble at times when it comes to formal wear. So many gowns and dresses are aimed at bustier ladies lol as a small chested gal it makes for quite an annoying adventure where I'm stuck with extra dangling fabric there. And yes definitely have tried different styles etc Sometimes even summer dresses have the same problem, and I love summer dresses!

I also have trouble with shoes. Not so much fit (I'm an 8 so not a rare size) just with everything else. I'm prone to blisters and I'm not sure if it is because of my strong and bendy ballerina feet, but I go through shoes like no one's business - boots, sandals, sneakers etc no one is safe, a hole, a dent or a rip will form at some point and the lifespan is a couple of months at best. It feels rare that I find the perfect shoe that is both long lasting and very comfortable.

It's funny because when wearing actual pointe shoes or dance shoes in general, no prob! :lol:

Anyhoo, even if fit on it's own isn't always the issue, just finding clothes that are good quality, nice colour, nice fabric and are comfortable yet flattering can be hard.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have trouble finding jeans & pants long enough, I'm very tall, almost 5'10. So I mostly order online. I wear a 6 Long or 6 Tall. I like jeans, corduroys, and cargo pants.

For shirts, I just usually get Medium. I'm picky though. I like solid darker colors, no prints. I don't like long sleeves, even in the freezing NY winters. I like short sleeve fleece sweatshirts, but the only one I could find was mens from Blair. I got a bunch in different colors, but they aren't very slylish. I have some 3 quarter length sleeve shirts, but I prefer short sleeves. It just gets so cold here though!

I'm picky about shoes. I have huge flat feet, size 10. I like my washable sandals, they are black Adidas Aqua Slides. I wash them in the sink every night after my dishes. I bought a pair of Crocs black washable all weather boots. I just got them, haven't tried them on yet. They look plastic, like my sandals! It says I can wear them in winter snow and summer rain!

For socks I'm really picky. I only like Hanes gray tube socks. They are only sold at Dollar General! I don't like the short crew socks sold everywhere.

1680526397893.png

1680526578403.png

1680526668697.png

1680526743677.png

Last edited: