Question Of The Day, Sunday, April 15, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

today i've got repairs on my mind. so for todays Question of the Day......

What was the last thing you had repaired? (can be anything. for example, home related, a wrist watch, a computer, and etc)

i'll start!

i'm currently in the process of having my hot water heater repaired. no hot water here...:cold: . so it's 'sponge baths' for me until it gets repaired. :sigh:

How about you?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Funny you should bring up repairs, the humidifier on our furnace broke Friday. It wouldn't be the worse thing to break except that our furnace is on borrowed time too. :nervous:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We have a cordless vacuum that I love because it's so useful around our house. But the batteries stopped working and I thought I'd have to replace it. I emailed the manufacturer about the warranty and they sent me instructions for 'resetting' the batteries and it worked! Who knew you could do that. So for now, my beloved vacuum is back on the job. :lol:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
The return pump for my fish tank- the hose popped off and I needed to tighten it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last thing I had repaired was my heat pump a few months ago. The repairman came out and said all that was wrong with it was that a wire came lose. I was afraid that I was going to have to replace the heap pump because it is getting old.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I repaired one of my favorite tunics that was starting to come apart. That reminds me I need to hem one of my dresses that I hung a sign on two weeks ago to remind me to hem it. Clearly that worked.

I had a maintenance person come and caulk up a hole in my bathroom that was basically an ant tunnel into my apartment.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm been 'repairing' some clothing that isn't quite as I'd like it, but I'm not sure that counts.
Otherwise it's the tank's water pump.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should bring up repairs, the humidifier on our furnace broke Friday. It wouldn't be the worse thing to break except that our furnace is on borrowed time too. :nervous:
the humidifier on your furnace!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

i have an older furnace too, was installed in 2000. mine seems to still be running fine for the time being. :crossfingers: but then, i only use the furnace as back up, most of my heat comes from the wood burning stove.

i hope your furnace's humidifier is repaired quickly, and the cost of the repair isn't overly high.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a cordless vacuum that I love because it's so useful around our house. But the batteries stopped working and I thought I'd have to replace it. I emailed the manufacturer about the warranty and they sent me instructions for 'resetting' the batteries and it worked! Who knew you could do that. So for now, my beloved vacuum is back on the job. :lol:
your cordless vacuum!!! :clap: great!! :D

i would never have thought that batteries could be reset. :think: that's pretty cool!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The return pump for my fish tank- the hose popped off and I needed to tighten it.
the return pump for your fish tank-- and you made the repair yourself!!! :cloud9: well done!! :)

that's the 'ideal' repair in my opinion, one that i'm able to make myself! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last thing I had repaired was my heat pump a few months ago. The repairman came out and said all that was wrong with it was that a wire came lose. I was afraid that I was going to have to replace the heap pump because it is getting old.
you had your heat pump repaired, a few months ago!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

that's great news, that all that needed to be fixed was a wire that had come loose! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I repaired one of my favorite tunics that was starting to come apart. That reminds me I need to hem one of my dresses that I hung a sign on two weeks ago to remind me to hem it. Clearly that worked.

I had a maintenance person come and caulk up a hole in my bathroom that was basically an ant tunnel into my apartment.
you had two repairs -- you repaired one of your tunics, and had a maintenance person caulk a hole through which ants were coming into your apartment!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm been 'repairing' some clothing that isn't quite as I'd like it, but I'm not sure that counts.
Otherwise it's the tank's water pump.
you've been repairing some clothing, and have had your tank's water pump repaired!!! :thumbsup: really awesome!! :)

repairing clothing definitely counts! :agree: as someone who does not know how to sew, and muddles through basic clothing repairs, that's a big repair job! :sweat:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My repair was so simple, but the rewards are great. I currently have a pair of eyeglasses that I enjoy and the arm was a little loose. A quick turn with a mini screwdriver has made things like new! I love repairs as this!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My repair was so simple, but the rewards are great. I currently have a pair of eyeglasses that I enjoy and the arm was a little loose. A quick turn with a mini screwdriver has made things like new! I love repairs as this!
you repaired a pair of your eyeglasses!!! :clap: really awesome!! :D

and an easy repair, using the 'right tool for the job'! :agree: