Question of The Day. Sunday 3rd of October.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like being outdoors and things like hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, etc. but not camping. I'm by no stretch of the imagination a people person and the idea of sleeping in tents with a bunch of other people.....no thanks.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do enjoy camping. I hadn't been camping for over a decade until I went this last July. I love hiking, so that is something I enjoy doing when I do camp. I hope to do more camping in the future, but it's hard to when I need someone to feed my cats.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been out much recently due to this COVID stuff, but I do go tent camping, both modern and medieval sometimes (yes, I'm a medieval re-enactor too).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I could have done without the constant group activities and being social
Yeah, the whole point of camping is that you get chance to be anti-social, isn't it? If you wanted to spend time with actually people you could stay at a hotel or book a group tour.
pooping in a hole I dig in the ground just isn't my thing anymore
Oh, last time I did that was when I was in Mongolia! We did a Yurt Stay, where you got to spend a week with a family of traditional Mongolian farmers. Looking after the goats and horse riding was fun. Pooping into a hole not so much.
But then what do you DO all day?
When my parents used to take us camping in the Lake District they told us if we were able to catch a lamb we could take it home as a pet. So my brother, sister and I spent most of our camping trips chasing sheep.

:sheep:

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I never experienced camping, just short picnics at parks.
In my country as I was growing up it seemed to be unsafe.

Now that I am an adult and I get sick all the time there is never an opportunity or a chance. :(

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not a camping person, not at all😅 we never did so as a family, because my mum hates it with a passion. I've only done it on sports camp, and that was just camping on the fields.
I don't see the point of downgrading for relaxation. I don't enjoy working, especially physical labor, I just want to either do something fun or relax. I'd rather go to a luxurious cabin or just stay at home.