Question Of The Day- Sunday 28 April, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning, Happy Sunday!!

When I answered the shout-out for a volunteer to take over
Sunday's Question of the Day, I thought it would be easy.
It took me awhile to think of something this morning so I'll go
with something simple because I can't think of anything clever.

What are some of your most loved songs? Favorite bands?

I love Green Day, Alanis Morrisette, Bon Jovi, U2, Snow Patrol, and many more

Some of my fave songs are Wake Me Up When September Ends,
Hand in my Pocket, Bad Medicine, With or Without You, Layla, Chasing Cars,
We've Got Tonight, Stolen, Advante Gardener, and many more

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to choose.
Favorite songs : I want you (Elvis Costello) - Stairway to heaven (Robert Plant - Led Zeppelin) - Nothing Compares to you (Sinead O'Connor)...
Favorite singers : David Bowie (number 1 !!!), Annie Lennox, Tracey Chapman, Kurt Cobain, Sinead O'Connor, Elvis Costello, Patti Smith...

(and some Belgian singers/bands : Arno, dEUS, The Radios, Jacques Brel...)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love 'Cat Scratch Fever' by Ted Nugent, Unchained Melody by the Rightous Brothers (it always makes me cry), and 'If' by Bread. I love anything by Aerosmith, and many of the Guns and Roses songs. See a pattern here? My husband is into big band and Dean Martin, Eddy Arnold, I guess opposites attract....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I answered the shout-out for a volunteer to take over Sunday's Question of the Day, I thought it would be easy.
For future ideas, maybe there's something here:
600+ Icebreaker Questions - Biggest List EVER! - Icebreaker Ideas

What are some of your most loved songs? Favorite bands?
For those of you who follow my posts in the Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019 forum, you probably already know my favourite band is Bon Jovi. My favourite Bon Jovi song is "It's My Life", but before it was released it was "Always".

As for songs by other bands/singers, there's no stand out favourites, as I've liked many, many songs over the years, and still finding new favourites in 2019, so it's be impossible to remember and list them all.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lits of favourite songs, some being So Strong by Labe Siffre, The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics, Gonna Buy a Hat by Chris Rea, Miss Otis Regrets by Bette Midler. Favourite bands, Tina Turner

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Unchained Melody by the Rightous Brothers (it always makes me cry)
:yeah: Ditto, I have always loved that song and can't hear it enough.

Growing up I listened to a lot of Motown, e.g. The Temptations, Four Tops, The Supremes, Stevie Wonder, The Stylistics, The Spinners and the list goes on. But I also liked folk music, e.g. Peter, Paul & Mary, Joan Baez. Then there was James Taylor, Carole King and Harry Chapin. Nowadays the list varies from Adelle to Kelly Clarkson, and I really like the song, "Hey, Soul Sister," by Train.

ETA: I almost forgot I really like Bruno Mars too.

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really answer that one. I'm not a huge "music lover" where I sit and listen to it, so most of the time when I hear a song I love, I don't even know what the name is or who sings it. I do know that I like almost every genre of music from pop to country to grunge to rap and so on, and I like music from every decade. If a song speaks to me, I like it, but just because I like one song from a certain artist, doesn't mean I like anything else by them. Actually, I get quite annoyed listening to a whole album of a certain artist or band. I can't take more than one or two songs in a row of the same voice, regardless of how talented they are.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you love music, check out our music thread on here. :)

Favorite singer is Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty. I also love Bon Jovi, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Johnny Cash, Lee Ann Womack, Jewel, Alanis Morissette, Tragically Hip, Dave Matthews, CCR, and many more.

Favorite songs:
Smooth by Rob Thomas & Santana
Mendocino County Line by Lee Ann Womack & Willie Nelson
I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a lot of songs. Some of my favorites are Unchained Melody, Take Good Care of My Baby, and Dream a Little Dream of Me. My favorite group is the Mamas and the Papas, but I like a lot of the folk music groups.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a bunch of music, but I do not exactly have any single favorite song or band. (There are few categories in which I can pinpoint a favorite.)

Songs:
"Dog Days Are Over" and "Big God" by Florence + The Machine"
"She" by Alice Phoebe Lou
"Fight Like a Girl" and "I Remember You" by Emily Autumn
"Staying Alive" and "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees
"Secrets" and "All the Right Moves" by One Republic
"Storm" by Two Cellos
"I Caught Fire" by The Used

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listen mostly to Korean pop at the moment, and my favourite songs are:

Spring Day & Butterfly - BTS
My Melody, Singing In The Rain, Butterfly, Colours - Loona
Cherry Bomb, Lips, Long Slow Distance, Black on Black and Paradise - NCT
Fancy, Yes or Yes, The Best Thing I Ever Did - TWICE
Days Gone By, I Loved You, Beautiful Feeling, Congratulations - Day6
Be The Star and Love Story - Pristin
Treasure - ATEEZ
Hellevator and Miroh - Stray Kids
Crown and Nap of a star - TXT

And solo artists favourites are This Is Not A Love Song by Eric Nam & Neverland by Holland.

In terms of Western music, I love a lot of ABBA, Blondie, etc though I don't really have a favourite song at the moment. I also enjoy listening to jazz music.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I have thousands of songs spread out between several different playlist. These are just some of my old favourites.

Into The Ocean - Blue October
Little Wonders - Rob Thomas
The Riddle - Five For Fighting
Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray
White Flag - Dido
Lullaby - Nickelback
You and Me - Lifehouse
Feels Like Tonight - Daughtry
Lips Of An Angel - Hinder

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Frank Sinatra, Sam Cooke, Michael Buble, and ELO. My favorite song for the last few years has been I've Got You Under My Skin by Frank Sinatra.
I love that as well!! I had a 2 CD set of his greatest hits but it was destroyed in a fire. I'm going to buy another one.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your easy question is very very hard. My tastes change constantly. For the last 2-3 years I've been really into Americana with it's heavy reliance on banjo, vocal harmonics and happier topics. I never quite liked pop music.

I actively seek out new music each week and have a ridiculous amount of playlists on Spotify- somewhere between 2 and 3 hundred and a lot of them are over 300 . hours long. It makes sense though as I watch about 1 hour of TV each week but have music on for most of my day.

I love a good guitar lick, fast beats, experimental sounds and poetry through song or singer/ songwriter stuff.

Simon and Garfunkel is right up my alley. It's singable, and playable on guitar or piano and most crowds know the lyrics but it's a bit slow for me nowadays but those are lyrics I know and can sing along to in my sleep~

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like most genres of music, and many artists. but my favorite genres are Big Band/Swing and Bossa Nova.

my favorite artists are Glenn Miller, Michael Buble, Amy Winehouse.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like country music, Willie Nelson and all those real country singers. I also like blue grass and gospel music.