Question of the Day, Sunday 12/31/23

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is something simple that you like to do that other people may think is mundane or boring?

Me: My neighbors on the main road have chickens. They have a little stand set up (it looks kind of like a birdhouse) and sell their surplus eggs. There is a mason jar inside to leave your money. It's based on the honor system. I love to stop and buy fresh eggs from there. They have already been cleaned and have a richer taste than the ones from the grocery store. To me, there is just something about those eggs. I hope that people continue to be honest with them and they keep up the business. For some reason, I think it is so much fun to stop and see if there are brown, speckled eggs for sale. I live in sort of a rural area, so this is a happening kind of thing. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy staying home, a lot. I do not mind. Yes, I do enjoy the company of my friends.. but, I do enjoy solitude-- to a certain extent. Just me and my loving kitty.. It is so restful and enjoyable to me..

I enjoy learning different things.. Knowledge is Power... I do not ever want to stop learning. I seem to get involved in something new every year; somethings stick, some do not...But knowledge, and curiosity is great... I am always asking questions. Some people find it annoying or obnoxious; yet, I enjoy expanding my horizons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All those things sound like fun to me! I loved rescuing kittens, though I got all stressed out when it came time to put them up for adoption. I wanted to keep them all! I love staying home. It is my sanctuary. My cat-filled sanctuary.

I set a new goal for myself every season. My summer's goal was to teach Elsie her name. We have had her for five years. Bob learned his name in less than a day. Everyone else knows their own plus the names of the other cats, too. (They want to make sure you aren't paying attention to others.) I am starting to think that Elsie either does not want to know her name or knows it but doesn't respond. Since she would answer to it as a kitten when we were taming her up so we could take her to the vet, I think maybe she knows it and doesn't answer. Five years is a long time not to know your name. :dunno:

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the strange, and demanding, hobby of learning linguistics - foreign languages. And I find it degrading having to answer the standard question, "What do you do with them". But for some people, the only things worth doing in life are those that serve the pocket and the stomach.
That's why it is refreshing to see here people who care about cats and animals, without getting any immediate material benefit in return.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Reading. I do not understand those who find reading boring. I have lived 1000s of lives, have had 1000s of loves, visited new worlds and new places...all without leaving my home...AND with a bathroom handy, a thing that, at my age, cannot be disregarded! I can leave a lion in mid-leap, run to the necessary, and come back to find that lion right where I left him!