Question of the Day, Saturday, November 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you like to shop? Online or brick-and-mortar? What is your favorite store?
What about shopping for groceries? Favorite grocery store? Do you shop inside or do the Curb Thing?

I used to love to shop. After we ran out of stores to visit because they all left our area, I started shopping on line and that's primarily what I do now. I still shop for groceries in the store though, primarily our local Giant store. And once a month or so, we hit either Sam's or Costco.

Black Friday used to be a "thing" for Rick and me. We'd get up early, hit PetSmart first for the Tidy Cat litter, then hit the local mall. Alas, there is no more Black Friday and we stay in bed.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a shopper. Only buy what we need. I do everything online. I guess because I am a moderate minimalist, I don't have issues with buying on whims.

I order my groceries online from Giant and do the pick up when I get off work. Helps to negate impulse buys and also not spend too much.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
both my shaving gear is only available online and amazon for graycies toys :lol:. groceries must be in store none of that online stuff tried it once ended up with poor quality veggies etc so thats a no go for us now. buut in store shopping is much better for that impulse buy no matter what it might be:flail:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never been much of a shopper. Get in get what I need and get back out. I buy a little online but it's the same thing. I need something go to what I need and order it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Do you like to shop? Online or brick-and-mortar? What is your favorite store? What about shopping for groceries? Favorite grocery store? Do you shop inside or do the Curb Thing?
I don't particularly like to shop but it's a necessity for me - I have to see things in person whether it's produce I'm picking out, home goods to see how they're made or clothes/shoes to try on since I hate returns. I do miss Bed, Bath & Beyond. :frown: I shop at several different grocery stores but I think my overall favorite is Trader Joe's. However, I go to the independent grocery stores for fruit and veggies. I don't mind going in person I guess because I usually see someone I know and chat.:biggrin:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really not a shopper.. During Covid isolation, I discovered Amazon and shopping on line. I do like that for many things. If it is clothing, I prefer to shop in store.. but I do not buy much. I have a ton of clothes, ranging in sizes, so unless it is for a special occasion, I do not shop for clothes. I hate the Christmas rush.. the crowds. I really do. I have my entire life.

I miss Bed, Bath & Beyond. I used to periodically make a trip there. It was next to Kohl's so, it was convenient.

When younger, and working, I used to do an all day marathon, on a day off. I was exhausted with arms hurting from all the bags. Now, I am on a limited income and not able to do the in person shopping spree.

The last few years, I have resorted to gift cards, bottle of wine or spirits, or some type of speciality food. I have to admit that I do watch QVC for a few items.
This year, I picked up some gorgeous Christmas ornaments for a few friends. They are in individually packaged in a beautiful gold gift box. Just add a bow and tag--Voila, instant gift.

For Groceries, I usually hit Market Basket and Trader Joes. For one Person, TJ's has some good stuff. There is also a local Italian deli, which has produce, deli items, awesome soup, etc... and an Italian Pasta shop on the corner of that block. So convent for last minute items.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am all about online - groceries, flowers, clothing, travel you name it, if I can find it online that's where I shop. Favorite online stores - Macy's, Grocery-Kroger, Misc- Amazon -Gifts-Etsy, Charity donations -Online.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
For groceries I have a choice of three nearby chain stores. I always go inside and pick out my own things. For other items it’s a mix. Amazon for necessities or things I can’t find locally and brick and mortar stores for the rest.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never bought groceries online even when the pandemic was at its height. I go really early on Saturday morning, I am there when they open at 6 or shortly after they open so I am done and out before the crowds start. I like to see the options and pick out what I want when it comes to produce and to a lesser extent meat.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am online a lot because most of what I need and love is not available in our small town. After getting my credit card hijacked at some other sites, and the inconvenience it causes, I am almost always on Amazon, where I have never had a problem. Stay at reputable sites, Walmart, Target, and big names! I hate to say it but my groceries are bought at Walmart, mainly because of the price difference. Cat food is half of what it is at our local grocery. I just cannot afford not to go where it is cheaper. Especially since everything has gone up so much!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I greatly prefer online shopping. I almost never go into stores anymore unless I absolutely have to or it's a place that doesn't do online shopping or curbside pickup like Trader Joe's or Dollar Tree.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer online shopping for most everything except groceries. I shop for those at Publix. I don't do curbside. I've tried it twice with Petsmart and both times I ended up having to go in to get my order.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like most of the time,we do our shopping at Aldis first,get the cat/dog food and litter,and our scripts at WalMart,,plus pick up things like flour,sugar,,some produce and things I can't find at Aldis and finally if they have a good sale,I'll go to Woods.I'm not crazy about the idea of traipsing thru the big stores anymore,and I never was a mall person.I do enjoy a good flea market now and again,and have rediscovered the DAV thrift store and Habitat for Humanity in Springfield,so we try and stop by when we're down to see the kids.I have never liked the idea of others doing my shopping for the pick up thing.I want to do it for myself,or hubby goes for me.I also do enjoy online shopping.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like shopping now a lot more than I did when I was younger - I like both online and brick and mortar shopping, but nothing beats a good browse in a “real” shop!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I get a secret thrill from having a Dollar Tree spree. I joked to hubby once that if we were rich, I'd buy expensive jewelry in Bootles (an English shop that wines and spoils you one-on-one), then ask the chauffeur to take me to Pound Land (their version of a higher-quality dollar store). I'm weird like that!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Online mostly now. Though DH and I have what some people would refer to as "dates" to Barnes & Noble and out to eat. We each buy a book or two. I usually get cookbooks from the sale shelves that I never use and he buys books that he actually reads.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do most of my Non Food purchases Online because most local businesses either don't offer items I'm Interested in or the selection is limited. As far as Brick & Mortar stores go. My most visited store is Wal-Mart.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Groceries, mostly in person. However, I signed up for an Instacart membership during covid and I still use it for stores that are out of my driving comfort zone and for my sister who doesn't drive.

Most everything else is online. I don't really like to shop, so I usually just get what I need from Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. Occasionally, I will go in person to Target, but after 10 minutes I'm ready to go. I like to get what I came for and get out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to shop. I do use the grocery pickup because it saves me time and frustration. I would have LOVED it when my kids were little and they had to go with me every week!

I like shopping online or in stores. Sometimes just browsing is enough enjoyment too. I love stores like HomeGoods and Hobby Lobby. It’s almost like going to a craft fair. :lol: I think I get the shopping gene from my grandmothers. Both were immigrants children and really appreciated being able to find quality things even if they weren’t well off by everyone’s standards. As a kid my mom couldn’t afford for us to shop for fun so that’s probably a big influence too. I do like being able to select things for myself. Its also fun to find special gifts for other people. My aunt is one of my favorite people to find things for. Usually on Etsy. I sent her a tshirt that said “Cioci” (aunt in Polish) a few years ago and her reaction was absolute delight. Its why giving can be the gift for myself.:redheartpump: