Question of the Day, Saturday, March 11

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Saturday!

You're going on a road trip. What are the snacks that you want to take with you?

Around here, Rick wants cookies: snicks and chocolate chip. Cheez-its. Pepsi and Mt. Dew. That's pretty much it for us. And it doesn't take long before he gets into the cookie bags!

What snacks do you want?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy fruit and nut granola bars. They don't leave crumbs that have to be cleaned up later. For drinks, water or tea; hot or cold depending on the season.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Granola bars, water, caffeine free diet pepsi, chips, pretzels.

Funny story. Many many years ago, shortly after we were married, hubby and I were going to drive from Connecticut to Western NY at Christmas time. I made cookies to take to his family (and mine when we continued the trip down to PA). We packed the cookies in the trunk. Every so often he would stop at rest areas, go into the trunk, and get cookies. I'm not sure how many we had left by the time we got to where we were going.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lara bars, fruit and lots of coffee for me ☕ DH would probably want Clif bars, pretzels and water

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doritos, spicey nacho, and a Pepsi.
Your cat may have some Van in its background which means pigment mainly in the head and tail area. That is a color pattern around her ears, very unique. Beautiful!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doritos, Diet Dr. Pepper, Sour Skittles, Albanese gummies (by far the best gummies), and a bakery fresh muffin (we'd get these as kids at the local PDQ, a gas station that I don't think exists anymore)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn’t take snacks to eat while driving, if that’s what the question means; I’m not experienced enough to handle that sort of distraction. I might take a packet of Aldi choc chip biscuits if I was going to be away overnight, but otherwise I‘d be stopping for meals.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
In the 1980s they sold in Arizona a fantastic snack called Cougar Crunch. I would die to find that again. Otherwise, just coffee. Maybe gorp for the hiking trip after you arrive.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of chocolate, but jerky is a nice traveler as well. Can anyone tell me what type of kitty I have? I can find nothing with these circles on her ears.
She looks to be a domestic shorthair with a pointed coat pattern. She will likely get darker all over as she ages. I would post on the “Describing Cats” section and you should get more feedback on your beauty.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've taken a few road trips in our day,and mostly what we take is something to drink.We'd probably stop at sonic and get a route 44 Dr Pepper and that'd be it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mini rice cakes in cheddar and ranch flavors. Sometimes Ranch Veggie Straws Twizzlers or something else chewy to help pop your ears during elevation changes. Unsalted pretzels. Maybe some Lifesaver mints.

For drinks we usually do sweet teas and water.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Every time I've gone somewhere for the day, I pack a ton of snacks (pretzels/chips/crackers, veggies, cookies etc.) and never touch them. I drive a stick so snacking while driving isn't the easiest thing for me.