Question of the day - Saturday, June 30th

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning

I was at a friend's place for an early Canada Day party yesterday evening, and she made the best fruit salad I've ever had.  So I've been wondering...

What do you put in a fruit salad?

When I make one, it's usually just apples, oranges, pears, bananas, kiwis, strawberries, and honeydew melon.  The one I had last night was all of that plus watermelon, pineapple, mangos, nectarines, raisins, raspberries, and pomegranate seeds

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love fruit salads. Anything and everything goes in. Grapes, melon, cantaloupe, watermelon. I also love Hawaiian fruit salads and make it this way - one of my FAVS!!!!!

1 can pineapple
1 can fruit cocktail
2 c. miniature marshmallows
1 c. coconut
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip
1 pt. sour cream
1 box (3 oz.) strawberry Jello
Maraschino cherries

YUMMY :yummy:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make fruit salads all summer long! I use whatever fruit is ripe, from the garden or market, and try to get a variety of colors. It really doesn't matter what fruit to me because if it's ripe, it's good. 
 I just make sure that all pieces are about the same size and don't cut berries - I always leave them whole, it works better. Sometimes I add canned mandarin oranges and/or canned pineapple (I can't eat fresh), and if you are putting in apples to keep them from browning just toss them in the pineapple juice first. I've never added pomegranate seeds and am going to try that next!

I LOOOOVE persimmons but here they are usually $3.99 each - yikes!

Our favorite dressing is sour cream and honey mixed, oh man it's sooo good, but not necessary. If you don't eat dairy just toss the salad with some fruit juice if it needs a little sweetening. It's amazing how much fruit we eat this way!

Last edited:

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually make a pudding fruit salad. Get a few cans of fruit (cocktail, pineapple, orange, pears, whatever) and a box of vanilla cooked pudding (as opposed to instant). Use the juice from the cans instead of milk to make the pudding. Mix it all up and add what ever fresh fruit you want. I normally add sliced bananas and blueberries, although if I can get fresh blackberries or raspberries it is even better. Just mix it all together and chill and it's great! I never tried it with any melons....don't know if that would work.