Question of the day - Saturday, January 7th

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....Last night, I went to see Sherlock Holmes, at the BF's insistence..And I was so incredibly disappointed, and for the life of me I can't figure out what it is that people find appealing in this movie. What made Sherlock Holmes such a cool character was his ability to use logic and deductive reasoning and to come to incredible conclusions based on very little evidence...But in the movie, that was just not there.
And then, Mission Impossible, was just as bad, I don't even want to get into that .Maybe it's because the prequels were so unmemorable for both of these movies, that I no longer remember what happened, and both of these movies were counting on viewers to remember what they originally liked...Maybe that's why I am finding these movies so idiotic lol...
Sorry for going on this rant, it's really because feel irritated that I was asked to go to the movies and sit through 2 hours of garbage LOL...
This is really funny, because we always pick a movie to go to on Christmas Day. I really, really really wanted to see War Horse, but was outvoted by the rest of the family - they wanted to see Sherlock Holmes, because we had seen the first one and everyone remembers liking it alot. I, actually, thought it was okay, but I've totally forgotten it now. Definitely not memorable. Although, I said things like, "wow" and "cool" when we saw it, because I didn't want to start a big discussion.

So, Christmas, 2010..... we went to see Sherlock Holmes. Once again, the family thought it was great, I thought it was so-so, but went along with the "awesomness" because my brother pays for the tickets on Christmas Day, and I just didn't want to whine and say, "I wish we had seen War Horse"

I wish we had seen War Horse. :sigh: