Question of the Day: Saturday, December 28, 2019

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. In Rhode Island you can buy fireworks at the grocery store.
Same in Michigan. Hardware stores, grocery stores, roadside stands, parking lots, and the car trunk of some shady dude who's got whatever you want be it legal or no.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only ones that we are legally allowed to have in Florida are sparklers. I had to look it up though. IMO real fireworks should be left to the professionals.

The only fireworks legal for use by consumers who don't possess a special permit are those that fall into the category known as "sparklers". This includes items more commonly known as:

Sparklers
Fountains
Snakes
Glow Worms
If you're not sure whether a particular firework is approved for consumer use, the Florida Fire Marshall publishes a full list of legal sparklers each year.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fireworks aren't legal in the little town where we live, but they are in some areas further down the road. Unfortunately, at least one of our neighbors will manage to get their hands on them anyway and scare the crap out of everyone.

I'm mostly a "live and let live" kind of person, and usually don't really care what people do, even if it's something I wouldn't do myself. But I do draw the line at anything that could put innocent bystanders at risk, such as fireworks, or anything that's prefaced with the words, "Here, hold my beer and watch this!" :wink:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
No fireworks here, unless it's a professional display. And I'm more than happy with that. We have horrendous bushfires here at the moment, and in the past some have been started by fireworks. But more importantly, animals find them extremely distressing. Back when they were legal, the number of dogs that turned up at the rescue I volunteered with was huge after new year's eve... they just ran and kept running. And then there's misuse and human casualtied.

Not a fan.