Question of the Day, Saturday, December 16

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't put up a tree in years (cats), but it would definitely be artifical. Real trees should be outdoors where they can be enjoyed by all of us and not be chopped down to sit in a house for a couple weeks and then get tossed.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cutting down trees for whatever reason is a very sad thing to me. My husband will tell you it's one of my triggers when we drive past tree lots.
I agree it's to short of a enjoyment period and a waste of a good Tree. I believe live Christmas Trees are fine if they can be replanted after the holiday.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
In prefer artificial trees, I have allergies and asthma, so it is the way to go. Less mess and worry about watering it...
But I cannot have a tree, while having a cat. I learned that lesson a long time ago; when we had Pumpkin. She would chomp on the tree, break ornaments; We would find her inside the tree.. It was pretty dangerous for her. We had to wire the tree to the wall!!

I am not about to try that with Geoffrey. He has a plastic fetish-- PICA... so a tree and anything with plastic: garland, is out of the question.
A friend gave me an early Christmas Gift of a potted Amaryllis bulb. I had to find some place where Geoffrey could not get to it.
Put it on top of my fireplace, behind the Nativity set! I think that is a good spot for it. He cannot get to it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'd prefer no tree! I'm not into them, and our cats destroy ornaments, etc. I'm about ready to take mine down, and give it away!