Question Of The Day. Saturday 7th Of October.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning. Happy Saturday.

How do you spend your holidays? Do you like to travel or take day trips? Do you prefer to stay at home?

I've just had a few days off. It's the first time I've had more than two consecutive days holiday in over 2 years. (That's what happens when you work for a Japanese company.)

I didn't go anywhere far away, it's hard to get a cat sitter for this many feral cats.

:rolleyes2:

I had a few days trips, a day hiking and a day to the coast. I spent most of my time gardening and working on various projects around the house. I've got the day off tomorrow too. If the weather's good I might go for a long walk. Otherwise I'm thinking of re-arranging the furniture in the bedroom.

How about you? How do you spend your holidays?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stay at home. I'm pretty much a homebody.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with LTS3 LTS3

As far as vacations: I stay at home. I did have many travel vacations, but always found myself exhausted with all the work to be done AFTER the vacation..

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I visit my son, who lives two hours away, and I also like to go sightseeing. I haven't been able to do much of that last one recently, but I hope to resume that next spring. I would love to drive down to Springfield to see the new Abraham Lincoln museum. I've heard it's fabulous.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you mean holidays like vacations - I travel out of country :cool2: my last trip was to Austria and Czech Republic. It's my way to really completely relax and stimulate myself at the same time. All solo, which I enjoy too.

My mother is happy to take care of my fur balls for me, she considers herself as grammie to them. Although she likes to joke about it too :lol: "You're leaving me with all these CATS!"

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just visit local family. Not a big fan of travel anymore. Haven't gone anywhere outside of the tristate area in years...work so much I just don't have time or energy to drive anywhere...hopefully next summer I can explore some more but I am pretty happy at home.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have plans to go sightseeing by car, but I always end up staying home with Speedy. I am perfectly content to stay home with her, especially when I work so much. I take her out on the harness or show her off where I work, play Da Bird. I guess we both like to stay home!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD loves Disneyworld so sometimes we go there for a couple of days. It's not too far from here. We like to stay on property when we go. Other than that, we usually stay home.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stay at home. I'm pretty much a homebody.
:yeah: i don't really enjoy traveling much, though i've taken some lengthy car trips as well as visited various cities and regions here in the US. i've also explored parts of Canada by car twice.

i've never taken a vacation, even while i was working.

i'm very happy at home with my cats! we have love, happiness, and comfort here together. :catrub:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like this year, I'm not taking any kind of vacation. We were thinking of Myrtle Beach, but then the hurricane changed our minds on that. We thought about going to Vermont, thought about Maine. But I think I'd rather use the money on the bathroom. Rick went to Vegas back in August, so he's OK with it.

I'm pretty much a homebody, too, when it comes down to it. I'd much rather spend the money on the house when I can.