Question Of The Day. Saturday 4th Of November.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, :wave3:

Have you bought anything recently that you really regret buying?

I got myself a new cell phone a few weeks ago. I was happy with my old cell phone, but it was about 7 years old and the battery kept going flat so I decided it was time to get a new one. I really don't want to get a smart phone because I can't stand the fact that they don't have a proper key board, just a screen you have to swipe.

When I got to the phone shop I found that there was a huge selection of smart phones and i-phones, but a choice of two non-smart phones. (Should that be dumb-phones?) The choice was a model for kids, in pastel colours with Disney characters, or a model for old people, with big fat buttons and huge text.

I went for the old people phone, but the darn thing is driving me nuts. All I want to do is be able to call people and send text messages, but it was designed by a crazy person. I can't make draft copies of messages, can't find a way to switch from Japanese to English mid-text (Important if all of your friends speak both languages) can't set the alarm, can't turn of the vibrate mode, can't change a dozen other things I don't like about it.

I miss my old phone.

:bawling2:

How about you, any purchasing regrets lately?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I bought a health program online that's supposed to be good for diabetics, but when I checked out the online version of what I'd bought it was just a list of exercises without even an explanation of how to do them, combined with a bunch of ads for various overpriced supplements. I've already informed them that I want my money back and I'll be visiting the post office shortly to return (unopened) the portion of the program that they mailed to me.

Norachan Norachan , see whether you can find a new battery for your old phone and then return the new one that you hate and get your money back. Even if you can't return the new one, try to find a new battery for your old phone so you can continue to use the phone you actually like.

Margret

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not really so much a regret, but......

i recently bought a wrench set online. pretty good set too, and not particularly costly. however, it didn't contain one with the size jaws i needed, so i walked over to my local hardware store and bought one. i'm sure i'll use those wrenches though, they'll come in handy.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have purchases that I regret not making.
There were several Kpop comebacks that I wanted to buy but didn't because I was running out of room.
Now I have room and I am sorry I let them slip by.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I bought some clothes online at JCPenney and they didn't fit. Returned and the credit card company taking their sweet time getting my money back in my account-although it's easy to purchase-I used paypal and they can't send money back to paypal in their store-only cash or card. So not sure I will do that again..paid cash via paypal but didn't get cash back instead opt to put on credit card but it took 10 days to show up. I wasted money and time with products I didnt' like. I will stick to thrift store shopping or direct store shopping. online shopping for clothing is so hit or miss.

Norachan Norachan - can you order from ebay or amazon? I ended up buying 2 extra batteries for my Samsung 3..and a charger..it wasn't too expensive.. I say take back that phone and try another one....

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a 20% off your entire purchase coupon so got a bit carried away, actually make that a lot carried away. :wink:
One of the items I purchased was a new hair straightener because my old one does not have heat settings, i.e. just on/off. Since my daughter told me she bought a highly rated one that she never uses and will give it to me I returned the new purchase this week.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my cat’s toys that he was interested in for 2 days and then never touched again.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my cat’s toys that he was interested in for 2 days and then never touched again.
:lolup:
You sure got that right. I'll go you one better. I got Jasmine a crinkly tunnel and she was actually afraid to go inside it! I tossed her favorite toy in and she looked at me pitifully, "Why are you putting my favorite toy where I can't get at it?" Ditto cat treats, ditto catnip. I returned it to PetSmart the next day.

Margret

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My house.
Totally underestimated just how much it would cost to renovate. I've now spent double the original selling price on it and it still needs a ton of work.
Advice: Don't fall in love with an old home unless you and your loved ones are handy. We, are not.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most recent, just these black shoes that were on sale at winners ($11) - I should have listened to my first thought, as I was apprehensive about the fact they were a half size too small and were that faux leather stuff that tends to give me blisters. But I figured it might be fine after all, and I needed black shoes for work. Got attracted to the cheaper deal.

'Lo and behold they were painful to wear :lol: and as they were clearout priced I couldn't return them. I really should have gotten those more expensive but better quality/better fit ones that were much more comfortable from the start.

Not the end of the world since they weren't expensive, but still, hard earned money just floating on away :sweat: Oh well.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Nope! Just bought two living room chairs for a great price that I thought I might regret, but instead was delighted with them. :D

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ditto the cat toys. I keep buying them, hoping something will pique their interest, but they only want the laser pointer. :rolleyes:

Also 2 tops I bought online that were clearance and non-exchangeable, non-returnable. They said to size up so I did, but I should've sized up 2 sizes. :bawling: