Question Of The Day. Saturday 30th Of September.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is it really the end of September already? Where did that month go?

:disturbed:

Today's question; Do you dye your hair? What colours? Do you do it yourself or get it done at a salon?

I've been colouring my hair ever since I was able to steal the free samples of hair colour out of my big sister's fashion magazines. I've had lots of crazy colours in the past, but I tend to prefer dark reds and purples.

I usually do it myself, but in the past couple of years I've had several different shades of high lights and low lights put in at a salon. They last for ages and look really good with whatever colour I put over the top.

How about you? Any interesting hair colours out there?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't but I should. My hair is an ugly gray. My mother had beautiful gray hair. I think one day I will have Nancy at the beauty shop dye start dying my hair a light brown.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Back in college I started highlighting my hair but over the past 5-10 yrs. I let it grow out. Now I do a single process closer to my own shade with a slight tint of red.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have my hair done at the salon. I am totally grey. My hair dresser does highlights and lowlights in my hair. She uses four colors of light browns and then some bleach. It is so light in fact, it get blonder and blonder as I wash it. I was able to go from April until the week before last before having her do it again. I wear my hair short at the neck and textured all over to give it body. It is short enough on the sides that about 1/2 inch of my ear lobe shows. I do wear it cut in bangs and brushed to the right side. I just wash and then blow dry it. I don't do any perms or any kind of hot rollers, or curling brush. It is easy to maintain.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I was doing a nice mahogany red. I like a deep brown with red undertones. I can't do blonde-turns my hair orange instantly. I haven't colored my long hair in 2 years. I have a white stripe going on left side. I kind of like it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never never even once dyed my hair. I'm told this is unusual for a woman! I don't plan to in the future either. The women in my family tend to get a very attractive silver and I don't mind that.

If I had extremely light-colored hair I think I'd like to use bright temporary colors. . .I had a platinum blonde co-worker who had a different color every week---pink, purple, bright blue, neon green, etc.---and I thought that was cool. But my hair is so dark that I would have to bleach it like crazy to get any color to show up so nope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
muffy muffy blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 As soon as I go grey I'm having that gorgeous pale lilac colour put in. I think this is beautiful but I'd have to bleach all of my hair for this colour to show up. I'd probably end up bald.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is that your hair Norachan? It's very pretty.
I wish! That's the colour I want to go when my hair turns grey. It's a dark pink colour with red lowlights in right now