Question of The Day. Saturday 26th of June.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
If you could travel back in time to witness any historical event, when would you go to and what would you see?

I'd travel back to 1969 and go to Woodstock Festival. I'd really like to have been alive at that time so I could see Hendrix, Joplin and CCR play. I'd take a lot of 2021 camping gear with me though, so I'd be dry and comfortable.

How about you?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'd travel back to 1969 and go to Woodstock Festival. I'd really like to have been alive at that time so I could see Hendrix, Joplin and CCR play.
Wow, I wasn't really thinking about Woodstock when you said historical event but I'd have given anything to be there. Can I be a stowaway with you? 🙏 Don't forget Sly & the Family Stone, Jefferson Airplane and Joan Baez!

Another historical event that came to mind was the building of the pyramids in ancient Egypt along with the tombs of the Egyptian kings. I think they're absolutely fascinating and marvel at the discoveries archeologists have made there.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband was at Woodstock. I’ll have to tell him he went to an historical event! :lol:

So many to choose from. Perhaps to hear Abraham Lincoln deliver his Gettysburg address in 1863. Brief but so powerful.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to travel back in time in August of 1983, inside the airplane where the late Philippine Senator Benigno Aquino was, before he was assassinated on the Manila airport tarmac. I would have loved to talk to him, even briefly, and ask him why he chose to come back to our country when he knew in his heart he would be assassinated. He made a huge sacrifice to awaken a nation.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a hard question, there are so many Maybe I'd travel back to the live aid concert. I was too young to actually be there so made do watching on TV. Or 10th May 1994, to see Mandela become president. From prisoner to president I would of loved to have a conversation with him. I'd of loved to of seen the Queen's coronation maybe ask her how she felt. I could go on and on this is such a good question.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go back to when the Bill of Rights was being drafted and maybe try to influence a few things that are absolutely not necessary (ahem second amendment).

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would want to go back to see Alan Turing and tell him of the great things his machine led to and how better things are for homosexuals now. (Not that they are perfect, obviously, but just that things are better.) I wish I could bring him into the future just for even an hour to show him.

There has to be another Whovian here who wishes "Vincent and the Doctor" was real.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know for sure, but I think I'd like to chill in ancient Greece. Meeting some of the first philosophers, being able to hear the amazing tales told back then, hanging with Sappho and experiencing the culture I've learned so much about over the years.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would only want to observe; rather than experience, but it would be interesting to get a firsthand understanding of the cultural context of pretty much any historical event or period. I think it would be like combining history and psychology and it could give us a really different interpretation on just about anything.

I’d definitely skip the dinosaurs though. Not a fan of getting eaten. But then again…what if they end up looking and sounding way different than we’d expect?:think: Can you imagine walking into The Museum of Natural History and being like “You’ve got it all wrong!”:lol2: