Question of The Day. Saturday 25th of June.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

It sounds like you're closer to the ocean than I am.   Also, have more islands available!    I'm about 2.5 hours away from the water  (depending on beach traffic.)  Assateague Island is really a special place -it's a State Park with very interesting birds and plants, as well as the ponies. Plus you can camp there.  Remember the insect repellent, though.  The insects are voracious! 
Quite a bit closer.  Actually, Atlantic Beach is only a 20 minute drive.  That's just off of the City of Morehead, around 18 miles from here.  But the ferry to Okracoke is in Beaufort.  That's an interesting little place in and of itself, and has a wonderful Pirate Festival every summer.  I've only gone once, but I loved it!  It would be so much more fun now that I have the walker with the seat...I could get around so much better.  And sit for a few when I got tired, 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
If it was just for two days, I'd want to go to Canada, to Niagara Falls. There's a spot by the falls on the Canadian side that I could sit there for hours and watch the water tumble down over...the spot is right there, where the water drops. I love that spot.

We have a favorite B & B that we love to stay when we're up at Niagara-on-the-Lake. And the prime rib at the Angel Inn is simply delicious. A big chunk of Yorkshire Pudding to go with it. A good wine. A nice walk by the river. An outstanding bakery for some sweets. And lots of farm markets and wineries to check out.

That would be my weekend.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd have to say Toronto. So many places to go, but have been wanting to go back there for a few years now. I miss my friends there!