Question Of The Day, Saturday 24th Of August.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early mornings. There's something different and crisper about the air before the sun comes up, and it's a good feeling to drink coffee at 7:30 in the morning or so without dripping sweat into it.
Our lives slow down a lot this time of year in a lot of ways. In the spring, we wake up and have things to do, in the fall, we put a lot of things away in storage and hibernate. I'm always ready to wake up in the spring and always ready to doze off in the fall ;)

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Less bugs, less deer on the roads
Lower electric bill (till winter)
Fall colors in clothing
The air has that crispness
Halloween is coming!
The cats get more snuggly and shed less

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to Tampa to visit a friend and liked how it was warm and humid pretty much every day, but I wasn't so keen on all the bugs though.
Well, if you don't want so many bugs, you gotta have a winter that kills them off. Can't have it both ways, unfortunately!
less deer on the roads
Really? Around here there are MORE deer on the roads in the fall, especially after harvest (because they can't hide in the corn anymore). April and October are considered the worst deer strike months.

I don't mind it being warm, but I hate humidity. And it is SO humid here. Even when it's cool it's sometimes too humid to open the windows and I still have to use the AC. But it starts drying out in the fall, and that's what I like best.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a nice hot cup of tea. the ac not needing to run 24/7. eventually, the start of wood burning stove season......:cloud9::kneading: kitties snuggling again! :redheartpump: i'll start cooking and baking again. apple season!! :yess:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really? Around here there are MORE deer on the roads in the fall, especially after harvest (because they can't hide in the corn anymore). April and October are considered the worst deer strike months.
Same here. The elk move south around late September thru October. They are all over the roads.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a different 'smell' with fall, it definitely different than summer. I think it is the cool, crisp air with so much less humidity. I love the extra time it gives me to work outside, the extra energy. Everything is winding down and not so hectic, less weeds, less watering. Cicadas humming, blackbirds swarming, and squirrels frantically hiding the peanuts I give them!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We're just coming into Spring here. We don't have a really cold winter. I love not feeling incredibly hot and the lack of humidity. And I can get out in the garden much more easily with far less bitey things.