Question Of The Day. Saturday 1st Of September.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

:wave3:

How many hours of sleep do you get every night? Is it enough?

I sleep a lot better since we moved house 4 years ago. We now have a cat door and a fenced in cat enclosure, so the cats can go in and out whenever they like. No more getting up at dawn to let the furries out to pee, then getting up again ten minutes later to let them back in again.

I work evenings, so I never get to bed before midnight. I don't get up before 8 am unless I have a really good reason too. I used to try getting up earlier and taking a nap before I started work, but that used to leave me feeling disorientated and grumpy. 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep works best for me.

Working evenings is definitely the best schedule I've ever had. I used to have to get up at 6 and try to catch a train to work. I can't remember much about those years, I think my brain has blocked it all out due to exhaustion.

:fear:

How do you sleep?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It varies hugely for me, even with meds to help. I think I'm anywhere between 3 hours to maybe 8. It never, ever feels like enough though (thanks fibromyalgia for unrefreshing sleep:rolleyes: :frustrated:). I've never been a good sleeper though, even as a child.

My best sleep is when I take my 'rescue' pain and muscle relaxant meds, which totally knock me out for 8-10 hours. It's the only time my body actually relaxes enough to get decent quality sleep!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
4 hours a night. Not enough. If it is the weekend then I take a 2 hour nap but that makes me feel groggy so I try to avoid it. My angel Floey used to wake me at 4am every morning for breakfast....now these two girls sleep in although they will walk on Jon to wake him up. I'm usually awake by 5am so no walking on me..if i could sleep till 9am would be perfect.

So no never feel refreshed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I never feel like I have enough sleep. Starting around 3:00 or so, Amber comes back and starts padding throughout the bedroom. Around the elliptical, around the bed, back and forth, back and forth. That wakes me up and I eventually chase her out of the bedroom; she runs out to the kitchen and starts yelling out there. That awakens Pepe and it becomes a kitty duet. That gets The Beast going with panting and carrying on. We deal with it for as long as we can, but at 5:00 we get up. Rick usually goes to the couch for a nap after he takes The Beast out for her first pee, but once I'm up, I'm usually up for good. He's sleeping now; I'm back here with my coffee and working on laundry.

I'd say between 5 and 6 hours....maybe. But only because I fall asleep so early during the evening.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my opinion, sleeping is wasted time.

We have one only life and spend/waste one fourth/one third of it sleeping.
That's why the less I sleep the better it is.

My usual sleep time, though, is between 5 and 6 hours, but I also spent sleepless nights, and I found them very productive ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to get the recommended 8 hours of sleep. I like to sleep from 10pm to 6am.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I get between 7 1/2 and 8 hours a night although I think my body would like more. I get up around 5:30 a.m. because, you know, cats. They start agitating about 5 and it escalates. “If we run back and forth across Mom, she’ll get up.” “If we start scratching the carpet instead of our scratching posts, she’ll get up.” “If we start fighting, she’ll get up.” I get up. They stare fixedly at me for 45 minutes while I drink my coffee and read the news until I give up and feed them.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I tend to get around 8 to 9 hours of sleep, which for me is ideal. My only downfall is going to bed a bit too late, I should try and sleep earlier. (Because I love being awake to watch the sunrise)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try to get 8 hours but usually don't get it. Ideally for me I need to go to bed very early in the evening and then get up very very early. I usually don't go to bed very early and then I still wake up very early. I rarely feel as though I have had enough sleep.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need a lot of sleep. Nine to ten hours is the best. I try to go to bed about 10:30 and get up at 8:00 but reading is an addiction for me, so I sometimes stay up until all hours, like 5 a.m. So I am trying to swear off books. When the four I have now are all read, I am going to return them to the library and not get anymore. (Until my holds come in.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i do best with 7 to 8+ hours sleep each night. i always get up halfway through my sleep, to use the bathroom and give my cats their 'middle of the night snack' -- and during the winter to add wood to the wood stove. many nights i get that 7-8 hours sleep, but there are some nights i only get 6 or so hours sleep. if a cat isn't feeling well, then it's likely i'll lose sleep too, taking care of him/her.