Question of The Day. Saturday 1st of February

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been snowed in several times and it ain't pretty,,,, I get very anxious....claustrophobic.
So I would have books, DVDs, and would make certain I have my Twinings English Breakfast tea,
and I would try before the storm began to find someone who would dig me out, just a small path
to the end of my deck would be good. Also, try to have some Haagen-Dazs ice cream, good cheese
and Crunchmaster crackers which are sometimes hard to find. I'd be ok with just Cal and me cuddling.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Your snow pictures are really pretty.
We have had quite a mild winter overall, a bit of snow, freezing rain, etc. here and there, but nothing really to speak of. For which I'm very thankful. I hate the cold and I hate snow. Most of our days in January were above-normal. I'll take them, thank you very much.

As long as I have books, I'm good. Keep the electricity on, please. I don't even care about the internet, to be honest. Books and warmth.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the electricity stayed on, I would be good to go, so long as I recently done my groceries and have cream on hand for my coffee.
I'm a homebody, so I'm always perfectly fine having to stay in and keep myself busy or just relax. I'm also a sale/bulk shopper so I don't tend to run out of any of the essentials.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the electricity stayed on, I would be good to go, so long as I recently done my groceries and have cream on hand for my coffee.
I'm a homebody, so I'm always perfectly fine having to stay in and keep myself busy or just relax. I'm also a sale/bulk shopper so I don't tend to run out of any of the essentials.
Happiness is having an automatic stand-by generator.

WoodstockGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's what I have- several of them, in fact.
Way back in winter 2001 when George RR Martin was still publishing Ice and Fire books (that's Game of Thrones to the show watchers) on a regular basis, we had a big snowstorm and I read all 1,100+ pages of A Storm of Swords in one weekend. The kids could have burned the house down and I wouldn't have cared.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happiness is having an automatic stand-by generator.
Yeah, We've talked about getting one a few times. It seems our power goes out quite often. Not a big deal in warm weather but we heat primarily with electric so it can get pretty chilly when it's out for an extended period in the winter. But heating is really the only issue, considering the amount of camping gear we have and the fact that I'm always "fully stocked", we can get by in just about any situation.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No snow, but how about the people in quarantine on a military base in California for 14 days - 200 people, there is an outside area to stroll about, but they cannot leave and someone takes everyones temperature multiple times each day.

We have a whole house generator, bought after Superstorm Sandy. At the time did have a small generator. But we have a well for water and when the pump kicks on the surge was more than it could handle if anything else - even just a few lights - was on.

If snowed in I would want to cook some slow simmering aromatic food - a braise or a stew or such. Bake bread - there's nothing like fresh bread, warm from the oven with that little crackling song as the crust starts to cool. Some yarn so there's something to crochet as I sit by the wood burning stove with a cat in my lap. A book to read. Flannel sheets on the bed to snuggle under the comforter at night - oh wait, we have that all winter long.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20111101_34 (2).JPG

This was taken several years ago after one of the worst storms I have seen since moving north. We were without power for 4-5 days. Luckily we have a fireplace so we had some heat and I cooked in the fireplace. At least I could have my coffee! It wasn't a lot of snow, but it was ice. I am sure any of you who live on the northeast coast of the US remember the Halloween storm. I need coffee, hot water to shower in (we didn't have that), and something to read.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived through 2 US winters and never want to see snow again.
Most of us Aussies are poorly equipped to deal with snow and ice.
My first taste was rushing outside to see my first snowflakes and hitting the frozen doormat and sliding on my butt down the path.
Watching the kids belly flopping on the snow and making snow angels and me trying it too and nearly breaking a rib because I flopped down on a rock under the snow.
Tearing my hand to pieces when I went to sweep what I though was just snow off the car..that hurt..lol.
Sitting in the car at the traffic lights and it slid sideways all by itself into the ditch.
Walking into an alleyway between 2 shops taking a shortcut back to the car and again landing on my butt because I was walking on pure clear ice.
Many more things you guys would accept as normal but to a person who has never lived in it or seen deep snow some of the things I did or tried to do must have appeared hilarious.
Snows great to look at but to live in it..you guys can have it all to yourselves..lol