Question Of The Day. Saturday 19th Of January.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello. :wave3:

It's cold and wet here today. Perfect weather for getting lost in a good book.

What are you reading?

I ordered a few books by David Sedaris and Caitlin Doughty before Christmas, but it takes months for books to be shipped out here. While I wait I'm re-reading The Remains of The Day by Kazuo Ishiguro and, when I'm feeling up to it, the Japanese edition of The Little Prince.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading "Language, Culture, and Society: An Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology." I just finished "Hope: A Tragedy." (It makes me feel guilty for thinking it is hilarious, but I guess that was the author's intention.) I am putting off reading "The Way of Kings." It is the first book of a favorite series of my husband. I read half of it and hate it. I will finish it though!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
DreamerRose DreamerRose I read Becoming. Michelle Obama is truly an amazing woman. I really enjoyed the book.

Right now, I'm working my way through the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The type in both Relic and Reliquary is so tiny, it's hard for me to read it (another good point for ebooks). Somebody (I don't remember who) said that Pendergast didn't show up in Relic, that he really didn't show up until Reliquary. But he's in Relic. I didn't remember; it had been a while since I had read it because every time I went to our library it had been checked out and it's not available in an ebook. But he's there!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished "Monster City: Murder, Music, and Mayhem in Nashville’s Dark Age" by Michael Arntfield.

I enjoyed it!

Now I have to go hunting for more books :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Mother's Reckoning, by Sue Klebold, mother of one of the Columbine killers. It's pretty harrowing.
I listened to the audiobook of that one. It was very sad and gave me a different perspective to Columbine.