Question Of The Day. Saturday 17th Of March

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning. :wave3:

Do you prefer baths or showers? Bubble baths, bath salts or just plain water? Shower gel or soap?

I prefer baths. Even in the summer I feel cold after a shower. I like to have a good long soak and get properly warmed up and relaxed.

I love scented bath salts too. I've got a really nice orange and herb one I'm using at the moment.

How about you?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely showers and soap. Growing up we always took baths so I couldn't wait to finally take a shower when I went away to college. :wink:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love showers but I get way too dizzy, so it's always baths for me. I like to add Epsom Salts for their pain relieving properties, or bubble bath if I haven't the time or energy for a heat-therapy-length soak. I love using handmade soaps too.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Showers for me, too. I love scented soap. A charity sent me some hyacinth soap as a premium, and it smells so good I use it as a sachet in my lingerie drawers. Mingo accompanies me to the shower, sits on the toilet, and paws at the glass door.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only take baths.... long, hot, bubble baths. Showers are too cold, one side is always cold anyway, and I wash and do my hair in the mornings so don't want to get it wet.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I much prefer baths. I have peripheral neuropathy so I can't stand up in showers for a long time, and plus baths are much warmer and cosier - and, you can't use bath bombs in the shower!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Showers for getting clean - with shower gel.

Baths for relaxing - bubble bath.

Altogether though, if I had to choose, I prefer showers :) I enjoy feeling fresh and clean, and can also be relaxing.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Military style showering. Methodical. Quick. I got other stuff I'd rather be doing.

But....i grew up with a hot tub on the back porch. Watching the sun go down or come up in a hot tub with the jets beating my muscles into submission is an all time favorite of mine.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
For healing when I had a broken leg, baths were great, though now I rarely take a bath. I almost always shower. I use the Dial hypoallergenic soap and Alaffia Coconut Lime shampoo.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't get in and out of a tub, but I'm a shower person anyway. I have a tub chair and the showerhead is handheld. I want the water super-hot. My other half says if it stops boiling, I think it's too cold. I can go through a whole water heater as long as it stays hot. I come out an even more wrinkled old lady. The shower and chair make it easy to wash my hair, too. Even Robert uses the tub chair when he showers. The cats supervise from a safe distance.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
While I actually prefer to do a tub soak, preferable with a book and maybe a glass of wine, those days are gone. I remember one night, I was soaking in the tub....and saw a cat hair floating in the bubbles. That was it. I've never taken a bath since. And now, since we're remodeling the bathroom, we're getting rid of the bathtub anyway, so it doesn't matter. Showers, it is. (I've tried to talk Dear Richard into putting a claw-foot bathtub in the basement for me...no cats in the basement, so no cat hair in the bathtub; did not go over well and I highly doubt I'll ever see one.)

And I know it's not healthy, but the hotter water the better. I usually come out looking like a boiled lobster. And when Rick comes into the bathroom while I'm taking a shower, he can't find anything through the steam....and that's even with the fan running full-tilt.

We stay at a really nice B & B when we go to Niagara-on-the-Lake and they have these huge, deep bathtubs, just perfect for a long soak. I use it every day when we're there, sometimes more than once. Just because. (A glass -- or three -- of wine, some chocolate, a relaxing soak....what's not to love?!)