Question of The Day. Saturday 16th of April.

kee and sephie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My favorite way to make potatoes is in a muffin tin. I thinly slice small Yukon gold potatoes and mix them with seasoned butter (garlic, salt, pepper and thyme leaves). I then place a sprig of thyme in each muffin tin and then carefully stack layers of potato slices until they are to the top. Place in oven until tender and golden brown on edges. They are beautiful and so yummy!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes! i like potatoes.

they're pretty low-cost, and i usually buy them in the 10 lb bag.

a (microwaved) baked potato has made a nice, easy meal for me many nights -- i just add some margarine and salt/pepper. i make potato salad mostly during the warm/hot weather months -- i add carrots and celery, hard boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish (or sweet zucchini relish), and mayo and a little yellow mustard to mine. i like mashed potatoes, but rarely make them -- although i suppose i could make the mashed, then use the rest for making potato pancakes. 
i use the mashed when making a shepherd's pie. sometimes i'll make a potato soup -- with dill, or ham, or velveeta added.

and i use potatoes in other dishes, like beef stew.

i don't make homemade french fries. i think if i did, i'd make a baked in the oven version.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I am pretty passionate about spuds.
  Coming from Tasmania, it's pretty well a given.  Down there people know exactly what potato you use for what purpose and there are 'boutique potato' market stalls.

My favourite would have to be good old mash.  @Norachan I add a bit to mine. 
  • steam spuds.
  • place in a heavy bottomed saucepan and mash with some butter till lumps are minimal
  • make some room so you can see the bottom of the saucepan and add some milk
  • go to the herb garden and get whatever takes your fancy.. I often use chives and basil
  • chop them finely and add to the milk.  I also add salt at this stage.  Garlic can also be good.
  • simmer till the herbs infuse their flavour into the milk
  • if you're feeling particularly decadent, add some finely grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
  • mix to a wonderful creamy consistency
Yum.