Question Of The Day. Saturday 12th Of May.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

:wave3:

Are you crafty? What kinds of crafts do you do?

I like making things, they don't always turn out that well but it's fun to try anyway.

I sew (not very well, mainly cat beds and blankets) paint (with varying levels of success, I think my painted pebbles are about the best attempts) do ceramics, woodwork and make ornaments out of found or recycled objects.

How about you?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I don't do too much crafts anymore, only with my niece.

but when I did, I'd work with popsickle sticks (made vases, boxes). Lanyards (keychains), ceramics, holiday things.

Sometimes I think about doing them, then I think about the work it takes to take it out and clean up after so I don't bother, lol

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not really into crafts. i do enjoy working on projects, all kinds of them. my projects are mostly home improvements and cat wall furniture related. :D

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was quite crafty when I was a child as I did a lot of painting, knitting, sewing and also enjoyed clay making, but I don't really do much crafting anymore; I don't have the same kind of time as I used to.
The only thing I actively do is adult colouring but I'm also starting manga drawing.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love crafting! I make jewellery, I do cross stitch/embroidery, sewing with the machine (simple stuff like tote bags, dog jumpers and cat toys), I can kind of crochet (but I'm not very good), I want to start weaving now my friend showed me how to use my mini heddle loom, I've done a little knitting (but I'm worse at that than the crochet!), I've made suncatchers and dreamcatchers, beaded Xmas tree decorations. Oh, and I've tried needlefelting too. I do a lot of colouring too, if that counts ;)

That's about all I can think of right now! I've got the ingredients to make my own body butter, but haven't got around to doing that yet. I used to make up essential oil sprays for my pony (mostly fly repellants), but I haven't done that for a while now either.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No.

Well, I probably shouldn't say that. I did a "thing" with ceramics many years ago, followed by a "thing" with macrame. Both require patience and I'm not known for patience. I did a bit of cross-stitch, too. Oh, and some rug-hooking.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a big crafter. My main thing is crocheting stuffed animals. Here's a few of the ones I've made in the last year or so. I gave the monkey one to my niece today for her birthday. It's a lot bigger than the picture makes it seem. 28515310_10111567072690540_4533364306946604685_o.jpg
I made this bee and the embroidery thing for my sister in law. I'm still quite proud of the embroidery.
26024117_10213980883571649_168944976865203051_o.jpg
I made this gnome for work. At the library I work at, we have a kid's thing where I answer letters/questions from kids as Mr. Gnome-It-All so I crocheted a gnome.
15994893_10108973561118520_4835360719065012065_o.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No.

Well, I probably shouldn't say that. I did a "thing" with ceramics many years ago, followed by a "thing" with macrame. Both require patience and I'm not known for patience. I did a bit of cross-stitch, too. Oh, and some rug-hooking.
I did rug hooking when I was a kid. I don't have the patience for any of that anymore either. I bought myself a "teach yourself to crochet" book. Yeah right. It's never been opened. :rolleyes2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love doing crafty things! I don't have time as much as I'd like; but it's one of the things that really fulfills me. I don't know that I'd do it for income though. I usually just do whatever hits my imagination. It might be painting or sewing. I tried to teach myself to crochet. I've done beading, card making, rubber stamping. I've made candle holders for wedding favors. Plant markers. Who knows what else. :crazy:

I would like to take some art classes. Nothing serious; just personal enrichment. :thumbsup:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't do so much anymore. I tried once to learn how to knit. I just didn't have any success at it. I did learn crochet. I have made shawls, capes, afghans, and I have crocheted the American flag twice. The pattern was large enough to cover a single bed. Then I did some needlepoint and I have done some embroidery.