Question Of The Day, Saturday 11th Of May.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

:sunshine:

If you could travel back in time to any era you wanted when would you travel too? what would you do?

I'd go back to the 60's and go to some of the concerts that were held then. It must have been fun to go to Woodstock, or see the Doors or The Velvet Underground play.

What would you do?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It must have been fun to go to Woodstock
My husband went to Woodstock. He said it was wet, muddy and miserable. What a killjoy! Totally wasted on him. Of course, he was neither drunk nor stoned so that may have played a role in his perception of the experience. :lol:

I’ve always wanted to go back in time to the Mesozoic Era and the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods to observe the dramatic changes in the landscape, climate, and creatures great and small. Moving continents! Dinosaurs! Meteors! The first mammals!

Of course, I’d want to stay on the path and not crush a butterfly. (If you’ve read Ray Bradbury’s short story “A Sound of Thunder” you’ll know what I mean. :))

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably the 1980s (my mother was a student in the '80s and has very fond memories of the era, saying it was the best she lived in) or the 1920s. I love the music and fashions of the 1930s but the rise of the Nazis and segregation; not so much...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't. People get nostalgic for the past, especially for times before they were born because they were told by someone else about how great they were. They had problems of their own. No time was perfect. Pre WW2? That was the depression. They called it that for a reason. The 60's weren't all peace and love. I could go on. I definitely wouldn't want to go back to a time when women were considered property with no more rights than animals. I'll pass thanks.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If it's a case of just 'dropping in for a visit' I'd like to visit Magadha (now in northern India) at around 500BCE.

I'm currently researching the origins of hatha yoga and this area was the birthplace of the Buddha and seemingly the starting point of many yogic, Buddhist and Hindu traditions. I'd love to have a chat to some of the great thinkers of the time, and just see what it was like (hopefully part of the deal is to be able to speak the language. :D)