Question of The Day. Saturday 11th of January.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very shy and although I did not know the term then, I am very introverted. I always had a few friends, but usually one or two "best friends" I was not a social butterfly by any stretch.
My best friend always changed every few years it seems. From kindergarten to grade 2 it was Nathalie A, then from 2 to 5 it was Nathalie L, then It was Melanie until grade 7, then it was Krystal until high school. I had a couple other friends during that time also, and still stayed friends with the previous "best friend", it's just that the person I hung out with for after school stuff and weekend sleepovers changed making that person at the time my "best friend". Again, not knowing what an introvert was then, makes sense to me now. I did not have the "energy" to keep multiple friends "on the go".
In high school, I had my very best friend Jennifer that did not go to my school, but I was part of a group in school that I ate lunch with, and sometimes hung out with and went parties and so on.
I don't purposefully keep in touch with any of my previous friends, although if I see them out and about we'll talk and of course we always say the "we should get together sometime.." line, which never happens. Even people that I did not hang out with in school, we'll talk and say the same. Now it's like I have a lot of "more than just acquaintances type friends" but not "friends friends", nothing where I really have to invest myself into...does that makes sense? People like me and I like them, we'll have a good time, but in a short term situation. I don't go out of my way to "keep in touch" after the fact.
It's hard to be an introvert when people like you and want to be your friend! LOL!

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I remember one friend named Candy Grabner when I was still making mud pies with as a very young child. I have tried to find her with no luck. I'm still very much communicating with 2 friends from high school even though we live in different towns. Most of my friends are from all over the world so it keeps me busy. Alas, a lot of very close friends have passed recently (more than 10). It is awful but I've been told I should expect this at my age. Well I guess we'll all be reunited one day. At least I think so.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't really have any friends in secondary school since I was bullied and very introverted as a result, but I'm still in touch with my friend who I met at sixth form (I made a number of others there, too, but we're no longer in touch). I only left a couple of years ago, though. I'm still occasionally in touch with a couple of friends from primary school too, including someone who I didn't talk to much at primary school but we became online friends when we were at secondary school.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend from elementary school until junior year of high school was Senja. She lived just a few houses away from me. We are sort of still in contact. I get invited to birthday parties and other events, but we don't hang out like we used to. Senja and I were also good friends with Holly in high school. I still keep in contact with Holly.

From junior year until just a few years ago, my best friend was Bekah. We had a falling out after my depression got better because I realized how immature she was. She had a baby in October and I've come to see that she has changed for the better so we're on much better terms now.

I'm really good friends with Bekah's little sister, Sarah. Sarah and I were roommates for a couple of years before she abandoned me to move in with her (now) husband. :sniffle: Sarah is also my sister's best friend (they are the same age and Bekah and I are the same age).

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the "friends" I had kinda jumped ship when I got married.Two ladies I have stayed in touch with,and vice versa,over the years.
One of them I've known probably 60 years and the other...we became friends in junior high.We all chat quite often.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I moved a few times. I have friends still from Middle and High School. We haven't all consistently stayed in touch; but my best friend from 9th and 10th is my best friend today. My very first best friend and I are still in touch thanks to Facebook. We met in the 4th grade. i have 2 other best friends from high school. I didn't talk to one for a few years; but now we to text and once in a while meet up. We live about an hour away from each other. My other best friend was my maid of honor and I was hers. She now lives halfway across the country; but when she makes it home it's like nothing has changed. One of my best friends from middle school and I are friends again too. She lives even farther away now.