Question Of The Day. Saturday 10th Of March

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello. :wave3:

I've been doing a bit of drawing this afternoon, hoping to come up with something good enough to enter in the Contest - Draw Your Cat To Win Beautiful Jewelry!

I'm really out of practice.

:paperbag:

Do you have a favourite artist?

I like a lot of European painters, particularly Gustav Kilmt and Egon Schiele. I also like a lot of potters. Emmanuel Cooper, Lucie Rie and Hans Coper are some of my faves.

I don't know many sculptors, but I went to an Anish Kapoor exhibition once which was pretty good.

How about you, what kind of art do you like?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vincent van Gogh. I love the brushstrokes and brilliant colors. Art in general seems to get much more interesting from the nineteenth century onward, I think.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wouldn't say that i have one favorite artist, because i believe there's something to be found in all artwork -- though some pieces of art may be a bit more challenging to discover that 'something'.

i do love the work of American photographer Ansel Adams. i also really enjoy the work of Georgia O'Keefe, as well as Salvadore Dali and Vincent van Gogh. but there are so very many really talented artists...

and i love the old Currier & Ives prints, too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've always been mesmerized by Johannes Vermeer's painting, Girl with a Pearl Earring.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am another one whose favorite is Van Gogh. I think it was a combination of learning about his life as well as his art. My mother was mentally ill at a time when there were no good treatments available and I have fought clinical depression most of my life. That was what drew me to his story and his art. As I have learned more I know that mental illness is actually common among very creative people but he was the first one that I learned about.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Piet Mondrian,since I was a little boy. I saw a woman wearing a dress in a Mondrian style. I said "mom,that's pretty!". She told me about the artist,and we went to the book store and she bought me a book of his works. He was my first,tho not my last...

I am also a huge fan of Andy Warhol. His 4 panels are some of my all time favorite pop art. Roy Lichtenstein is also a favorite.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a big fan of the Swiss artist, Paul Klee. He is responsible for my avatar and also he was a cat lover.

I like many other artists, including van Gogh, Mondrian, Escher and Dali.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't feel I know enough to have favourites. I remember going to the Dali gallery in London and loving it, though, and have always liked Van Gogh too. I just don't see enough these days to have firm opinions. There are some great local artists here though. I love Steph Ottevanger, Piers Browne, Gorska, and (not local, but a friend of my dad's) Kevin Coates. A good friend of mine is pretty amazing too. She painted this (Pixie :rbheart: and Leah) for me for Christmas :redheartpump:
IMG_3462.jpg

I guess I'm pretty indecisive with art. I like a lot, but can never remember names/styles. I find almost all art fascinating, even if I'm not personally drawn to their style.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
On a side note..

One night at a museum, a burglar stole some valuable paintings. He threw the paintings into his van and took off.
It was only a few blocks down, the cops found him on the side of the road.
The cops asked why he stopped?
The burglar said "I didn't have the Monet to buy Dagas to make the Van Gogh."

Ba Dum Tss.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a knowledge of artists through history or never felt a connection to them, but that being said, I do love following cat artists on ebay, so many of them extremely talented, e-bay artists. So, I guess those would be my favorites as I have a very large collection of cat art from the ebay artists. I guess I feel connected to their art the most, loving cats. Most of the works I have are aceo originals.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite artist is Norman Rockwell. I've always loved his realistic paintings and drawings. The only thing I have with pictures of his art is a set of four cups. I'm always looking for more things to add to my collection, and love reading books that show his pictures, portraits, magazine covers, etc.​